CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
WALL-E does not play
Reply to this topic
Hbrand [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Florida Joined: Nov 20, 2008 20:31 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Lots of problems, many movies do not play or get stuck. WALLE does not do a thing. When will they work things out??
All those play good with regular BLURAY players.
thanks, Harold Powerdvd 17, 18, 19
Hbrand [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Florida Joined: Nov 20, 2008 20:31 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Updated to newest software, works now Powerdvd 17, 18, 19
Timothy [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 20, 2008 23:02 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
What exactly is the "newest software" that I need to update to? I have PowerDVD 8 Ultra and I looked at all the support downloads and I didn't see any that applied to Wall-E which is the only movie not working for me.
Daisuke [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Oct 03, 2006 06:25 Messages: 354 Offline
[Post New]
Please check the build number of your PowerDVD 8.
Steps:
1. Launch your PowerDVD 8.
2. Click "CyberLink PowerDVD.
3. You can see the version number.
It looks like 8.0.XXXX.X0
If your build version is 2217. That means your are using the latest build number.
Christina [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 09, 2008 19:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I tried updating to the latest version number and now I get the disk is an unsupported format. The FAQ tells me I either don't have a Blu-Ray disk or I don't have a Blu-Ray player. I have both. They give no other option. Apparently it hasn't occurred to the crap customer service here that the problem is at their end. This software cost a fortune and thus far has managed to play one out of five Blu-Ray disks.

Any other ideas? (oh, and a test of my computer shows it should be able to play any disk I have)
Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 22, 2008 13:45 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Christina, I had (Key word there "HAD") the same trouble with any version of PowerDVD. I ended up getting a program called AnyDVD and I was able to view my disks I paid a lot of money to watch. Here is a link to the software...

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Get the trail version, the install only lasts for 21 days but you can just reinstall it again to reset the timer. Also you should prob just consider getting Corel's WinDVD 9 Plus Bluray. It doesn't have anywhere near these problems after a while of using it myself. Also Corel actually cares about it's customers. Like giving us software that works and supporting it in a timely fasion.

Good luck to you...
Timothy [Avatar]
[Post New]
The info on WinDVD 9 was great but I spent $100 just to get software I have and I don't believe I should have to download or install anyone elses software to get mine to work. Does Cyberlink not care that much to not get this resolved? of all the reviews I seen on PowerDVD I thought that there would be no better choice but I guess I should just sit here and feel ripped off.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2008 02:58

Shawn [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 22, 2008 13:45 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I hate to say it Timothy but there are a ton of us that have been screwed. Some out of more than $100 because we purchased the stupid phone support as well. Cyberlink is doing a disservice do over half it's customers, and we are the ones that keep them in business. I wish we had all done more research on this companies horrible product. Unfortunatly we all just listened to the propaganda that released from the company itself.

Me personally paid these morons money and ended up just giving more money to have software from another company. I will tell you though that I am at least content now with the extra $60 spent for all the trouble. I have no headaches from my inability to play ANY movie or use functions that should be working. I vent by coming on here and bashing this company that obviously doesn't care. It's noticable by the fact they havn't deleted my posts. Goes to show just how much they care even on here. The only one that answers anything happens to be a person that is given NO information and is led around by the nose just like us. I feel bad for 'ol Diasuke cause he/she has it worse than us... they have to read all this an be able to do nothing.

Alas to anyone that reads this... just go somewhere else for your software or end up bitter like the people that were nieve enough to purchase this horrid software. We have to live with it... we hope you dont.
Timothy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the honestly Shawn. I will take your information into deep consideration. I guess what you have to say is the truth, too bad it has to be a sad truth.
DWRECORDING [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 06, 2008 14:58 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
WOW, I said the same thing and the mod was deleting my post just like i bet this one will get deleted and locked! Cyberlink does not care about us at all. People only buy there software because it come with most CD/DVD burners. and they click on link to upgrade to full version. All i wanted was my money back and the forms to do that will not even come up. And i am not going to pay to talk to someone. So i guess i am out 120$ also.
Sheylon [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 27, 2008 15:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Wall-E is not working on our Toshiba HD-A3 player either. Not sure if there is a firmware update available that will help. Any ideas?
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 07, 2009 20:53 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Wall-E seems to play fine using PowerDVD DX 7 that came bundled with my Dell Dimension 9200. I am using the Philips BD-RE BDD1001 burner that came with it. I just recently purchased PowerDVD 8 Ultra and cant get any blu ray to play. Even the older titles I have, but that is a whole other issue.
Reply to this topic