Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Silvercrest USB Video Grabber compatibility
Cherryshad123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poole Joined: Sep 16, 2015 09:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I purchased the above from Lidl. I believe it comes with PowerDirector Version 1.

I have just intalled it on my new Acer Laptop running Windows 10/ When I try to open it the following message appears:

"PowerDirector can only run under 1024x768 High Color (16 bit) resolution or higher"

How do I overcome this problem please?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Click on the word PowerDirector on the top right of the screen and a popup windows displays with the powerdirectior build and version. Let us know what it is. Afterwards, click on the up arrow just left of the word powerdirector to check for an update that you might need.

I guess the message indicates that your laptop display resolution is set below 1024x768. You can choose 16 or 32 bit color setting from the internal graphics card. If you cannot do this, then attach a Dxdiag.txt of that pc. See this link for Part B: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page . We'll try to help you out then.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16. 2015 13:58

Cherryshad123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poole Joined: Sep 16, 2015 09:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure which screen you are referring to as I cannot open Power Director. When I right clickon the short cut and open properties it says there are no previous versions available.

The laptop is 64 bit.

What and where is Dxdiag.txt please?

That's about all I can tell you at the moment,

MTIA, John
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Let us know what is the resolution that your laptop screen is set to. You have indicated that the error message is that the screen resolution is presently set below 1024x768. Some individuals do set their screens at lower resolutions in order to see larger fonts and larger text size. If you don't know the resolution then follow the link for instruction given earlier for producing the dxdiag.txt. You don't need to post it here. Just read it yourself. If you need help then ask someone local that is familiar with laptops. You may want to contact Cyberlink support also. This is only a users forum.

The Dxdiag.txt gives us the information on your hardware to see if it is suitable for capturing video as set. We don't know why you think powerdirector version 1 is given to you. Could it be version 10? We need correct information in order to help.
sdjsfa [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 25, 2016 14:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello guys,

I have the silvercrest video grabber to but I dont have the cd with drivers anymore.

And I cant find them anywhere on the internet. Can someone please upload them or send them to my email: d_keuroi@live.nl

Thank you
MikoVirgoez
Newbie Location: Indonesia Joined: Feb 25, 2016 19:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am also experiencing this problem. Can someone help me. Thank you

Health weight loss clinic health spa

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 15. 2018 02:49

https://www.serbacara.com
Joan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 30, 2016 05:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to download a driver for my usb video grabber power director 7 also at the moment. I have tried searching for it but can't seem to find one anywhere. Can anyone help with a driver download please
Denis2509 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2017 13:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
When this is still a thing, here is a Link

https://mega.nz/#!L1oiDZKZ!fRZAsyZpNhCe-v0Eg1EK-wwPmvF_QFZcLkjdEzV4Xac

[Moderation Note:

This link takes you to an iso download, apparently for the Silvercrest grabber. I have not verified it's validity, so I would advise members to take care if you choose to access this link. It may be a useful resource or it may not.]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2017 06:19

Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I have not investigated the link that has been posted and am not going to do so but a #1 post trying to get people to go to an obfuscated URL is highly suspect!