Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Very Different Video Quality between "Produce" and "Burn Disc"
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I prefer to Burn BD Discs in H.264 1080 60p Quality on 25GB Disc with Menu, Chapters and so on.

System is Windows 8.1 64Bit with Intel Core i7 4770K, 32GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce GTX960. All the Lastest Drivers.

I tested again and again, with or without Hardware Video Decoding in the Main Menu and Hardware Encoding in both, Produced Video and in Burn Disc Video.

Every time the Quality is very much better, if i only "Produce" an AVCHD Stream in 1080 60p @ 28MBit. It looks like the Original.

But if i Burn a Disc with the same Options (H.264, 1080 60p), then the Quality is much worse than the Original or the "Produced" Stream. It looks like the Compression works much more than in the Produced Stream.

You can see the difference between the Videos in movements. Hair and Grasses or Trees looks "wishy-washy".

Ok, then a imported the Beautiful "Produced" Stream again in PD13 and Burn a Disc. Now the Quality is beautiful like the Produced Stream.

But why there is a big difference quality between "Burn Disc" and "Produce" (in MKV/MTS/MP4) ?! I thought it's the same codec.

This issue isn't new, it's since publication of PD13.

The Second Issue and only with Geforce Graphics exists since publication of PD13, too. PD12 had the same issues.

If i Burn a BD Disc from 1080 60p Streams to Interlaced in 1080 60i or 1080 60i 24MBit and use Hardware Video Encoding to burn the Disc, there are Errors with Playback.

If i play the Disc, and trigger Fast Forward or Next Chapter, the Stream plays always from the beginning. The Software Player is PowerDVD15, PowerDVD14 and MPC-HC. On TV with BluRay Player, too, It's all the same.

This Issues are on two different PC, both with Geforce GTX (960+970).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2015 10:40