Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra will not activate
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2008 21:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Trying to activate this software I bought this summer, but it keeps telling me that the activation code is incorrect. It is the correct code. I tried typing it in manually three times, and I even copied and pasted the characters from your website into the activation screen so there is absolutely no typo. I have this software installed on this same computer, except I dual boot into Vista and XP. I no longer use Vista as it is not stable so I just want to use it on my XP machine. Code worked fine when I installed in Vista. Very upset that I cannot get this to work on my computer now for this silly reason since I paid $100 for this. Have submitted 2 tickets no response yet.

Also, this website seems to be working intermittently, not sure if its related to my issue. Upon registering for this forum, I got the email confirm, followed the link, and was told that my registration is invalid. Also, navigating this site takes a long time, as pages often don't load and I have to refresh 3-4 times to get a page to load. Every other website I have visited the last few days works no problem.

As you can tell I am not impressed. I have a valid key, still have my receipt, and my key and order history are listed in my profile here, but the key is invalid according to Powerdvd. I have movies rented as well that I can't watch with this software.
Todd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2008 23:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue. I am really POed...
Greg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 01:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Have same issue; fresh install; just purchased software and can't activate.
william [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 05:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue, purchased my copy and downloaded last night but will not activate! What gives?
Joseph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 07:27 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like all of us are having the same issue. I just purchased it and it will not activate. This is one of the things I hate about Online purchases of software.
Joseph [Avatar]
[Post New]
Googling the error code resulted in this: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2837.page

The activation server is down and the fact that it's now a weekend means we are all screwed until Monday or later. Maybe we can get the moderator to send another message?
Joseph [Avatar]
[Post New]
I sent a message to just about every outlet they make available to reboot their activation server(s). This is bull*hit.
kranger3 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 15:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem, it won't activate. This is ridiculous, people are having the same problem over and over again. This has been going on for months.
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 15:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue here as well. Unable to activate PowerDVD 8 Ultra...

Submitted a support ticket but my assumption is no response til Monday...

They really need to sort out their activation server.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2008 18:34

Jeff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 23:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue too. I just purchased PowerDVD 8 Ultra tonight and kept getting the "Your activation key is incorrect" error mesage. This is just so wrong and infuriating. (And they want to charge us $30 for phone support!!!) If Cyberlink cannot fix this on Monday I'll just take a refund.
Joseph [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm in the IT Support Industry and I know if my support was like this I wouldn't be in business. You would think that something that occurs this frequently not only would have been addressed but would be monitored and fixed as soon as it occured.

It's ashame that Dell and DirecTV are using their products because this will be my last transaction with them directly.
Todd [Avatar]
[Post New]
I put in a ticket and got a response that said "Please try again and if it doesn't work send a screen shot" LOL
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2008 15:57 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
They hooked me up with another version and i was able to activate it using the same CD key. Hopefully you guys are all set now too.
rcheng [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2008 00:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
They need to fix this today, or I will demand my money back. This is f*king bs.
Joseph [Avatar]
[Post New]
So much for the theory that they would have this resolved Monday morning. It's 2pm EST where I am and it's still not allowing activations.
Todd [Avatar]
[Post New]
put in a ticket. They had me download and install a new exe before it would work...
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2008 05:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This exact thing happened to me last night also, put in two tickets - hopefully I will get a response soon.

It does make you wonder though, if all they do is link you to a different exe to fix the problem why the hell can't they link you to the right exe IN THE FIRST PLACE.

This has put a real sour taste in my mouth for dealing with cyberlink, and if they can't fix this problem in a timely manner, there are other places to find software to play BD.

Niels [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2008 16:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My version (latest of today) It won't activate f*cking bs. I hope they will solve this problem very soon, or i will demand my money back.
rcheng [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2008 00:05 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
When did you put in your ticket? I put mine in at 9pm last night and no reply yet.
Niels [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2008 16:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
mine just... 3 hours ago, i'm in holland