CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MediaEspresso 7 crashes upon Launch after upgrading OS to Windows 10
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
Just started encountering an issue where MediaEspresso 7 does not want to stay 'awake' after a recent upgrade to Windows 10... Upon launching it, it merely disappears after a second or so, with no error seen.

I thought maybe it would have something to do with PowerDirector, which is also on the system, so I updated both to the latest versions - it didn't help MediaEspresso...

GPU drivers are latest in the OS and everything else seems to run fine. PDR itself runs fine in Windows 10.

I realize Win10 is just released and perhaps there is something I am missing, so I am posting here to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 08. 2015 06:59

Alex [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 19, 2015 21:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Mine does the same thing. Waiting for a fix. Cyberlink, When do you anticipate a repair that works for this issue??
Tracy [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 15, 2015 21:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I was running into this same problem and started uninstalling windows updates since August. Turned out it was the AMD video driver update that was culprit. I did the driver rollback on the device manager and everything started working again.

I would start at the video driver first and see if that corrects the program start up issue.
[Post New]
Quote: I was running into this same problem and started uninstalling windows updates since August. Turned out it was the AMD video driver update that was culprit. I did the driver rollback on the device manager and everything started working again.

I would start at the video driver first and see if that corrects the program start up issue.

Thank you for your input, but it did not seem to alleviate the issue for me. I rolled back to some older drivers (eg. 14.12 Omega) and then came back through the updates (up to 15.7.1 non-beta), but ME7 still wants to close as soon as it is opened
Reply to this topic