Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 playback problems with AVCHD .iso
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
From "Create Disk" if I burn a project to AVCHD (folder only) 1280x720 50p (matches the included videos) then using the freware "ImBurn" program to generate an image the resulting .iso does not play automatically on my HTPC although it has been mounted ok and does play if I select it manually with the player. If I burn the same project to Bluray using H264 and again 1280x720 50p the resulting .iso plays automatically absolutely OK.

The only obvious difference I can see is that the top level folder of the AVCHD contains only a BDMV folder while the Bluray has both a BDMV and Certificate folder otherwise all looks the same including total size.

Can anyone explain what is going on here?

I am running PD12 (all updates) on Win 7 x64 SP1 (all updates). Joe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
With the Disk selection of AVCHD you are creating a disk image to burn to a AVCHD DVD Disk.

BluRay has a different structure. You cannot burn a successful BluRay disk from a AVCHD image or folder, all of the parts for Bluray are not present. You must select Bluray in Create Disk on the 2D disk tab. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks for confirming that. I will in future only use the AVCHD option for burning to a Disk.laughing Joe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Many thanks for confirming that. I will in future only use the AVCHD option for burning to a Disk.laughing
AVCHD is for DVD disks. There is a Bluray selection in Create Disk > 2D disk for burning Bluray Disks. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.