Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Saving edited clip from timeline to disk PD11
Karl3054 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2013 00:23 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
After modifying/editing a clip on the timeline, I want to save the edited version from the timeline to a disk file so I can use it in other videos in the future. I would like to be able to simply highlight the edited clip on the timeline and produce only that edited clip (in some suitable format) to a disk file so I can imporet it into a future PD project.

That seems like a simple procedure, but I can't find any forum topic that specifically answers/explains it. Can anyone help? Is there a video out there that explains it? Should this be a suggestion to Cyberlink for future versions?

I'm using PD11 on a Windows 7, 64 bit, fast computer with 8MB memory.

Karl
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
What you need the the produce range feature available in PD12 and PD13. It has never been available in PD11. See this link for your previous answer: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40464.page .
Karl3054 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Looks like PD13 is now on my BUY list.

Sorry, I didn't realize that I had already asked this question.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
In earlier versions you can copy the clip <ctrl-C>, then open a new project, paste it in <ctrl-V> and then export (produce) it as a clip to be used in any project.

Be sure to save your project first!
Karl3054 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Excellent suggestion, Borgus1. Why didn't I think of that?

Oh well, I went ahead and bought PD13, so it's moot now.

Since I bought PD13, I guess PD14 will be released in the next month or two!

Karl