Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
quick question about resolution
vicki-jo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2013 09:45 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
hello i have just upgraded my monitor to an acer predator xb270hu 27" ips. now i am using shadowplay to record games and stuff at

2560x1440. now my problem is that there is no 2560x1440 res in the produce part how do i go about getting it so i can do my videos at that res instead of downsampling them tro 1920x1080. i have tried using higher res but makes the videos look poor

thanks in advance windows 10 pro 64bit
/ i7 5930k h110i gt cooler
/ msi x99s gaming 9 ack
/ 16gb g.skill ripjaws 4 2400mhz
/ sli msi gtx 970 gaming oc
/ samsung sm951 256gb m.2 x4
/ 120gb Samsung 840evo
/ 250gb Samsung 840evo
/ 128gb sandisk extreme ssd
/ 2tb Sea
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi vicki-jo -

Unfortunately, you can't customise the resolution to exactly 2560x1440 in the regular PDR interface, even though there are a couple of other profiles that go close.

You need to do it by editing the Profile.ini

There's a document attached showing how to do that, and here's a *video tutorial* on the subject.

If none of that makes sense, you can use the profile attached by either (a) replacing your Profile.ini with it or (b) copying & pastin the contents into your own Profile.ini

The PDF & video both show where it is & how to open it.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Creating Custom Profiles for PowerDirector.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
748 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
332 time(s)
 Filename
Profile.ini
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
277 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24. 2015 16:54

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, have you had success editing a profile in ultra he? I have made a lot of custom profiles, but anything above 1080 does not play correctly. I will have to experiment more to narrow down the problem. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Ultra he? Sorry - I'm not sure what you mean, Jaimesque.

The video produced from the profile attached above plays back fine in MPC and other players. For my own stuff, I usually only produce to Full HD, UHD or 4K - not anywhere in between - but the profiles I've made for people with specific needs have always worked (I test before I post).

Sometimes, profiles with non-standard AR behave oddly in different players.

Have you tested different players? Maybe there's some limitation there.

Cheers - Tony
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, auto correct got me. I meant ultra hd. When I make a 2.7k or 4k profile for my GoPro it never seems to produce correctly. I was just wondering if it works for others. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Jaime-esque -

Sorry I misspelled your name before. They say Spelling is a lossed art, & they may be right laughing

I've not had any issues making 2.7K & 4K profiles to match the GoPro. They playback properly & show the correct properties in MediaInfo.

I know the specs have changed for the Hero 4 models, but the two profiles attached are based on some sample clips from a Hero 3. The 2.7K one was made without going near the Profile.ini (directly). I had to edit the 4K one in Profile.ini to change the frame rate from 15fps to 14.985fps.

Maybe see how they go in your PDR.

By the way, Philip Bloom regards GoPro 2.7K 60p as the "sweet spot". Here's a video he made with a GoPro on one of those "toy" drone things.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
GoPro Profiles 2.7K 4K.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 26. 2015 01:10

James Dotson
[Post New]
Thanks. I will give that a try. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM