Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 with WASAPI exclusive
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am trying to use PowerDVD 15 with audio option WASAPI exclusive.

When I play a movie from a disk folder the volume inside powerdvd is set to 100% and the volume at the windows system level is also set to 100% and I have to scramble and turn off the speakers volume.

This does not happen if you are playing music or mkv file.

Does it happen for anybody else ? WARNING if you are not already using WASAPI exclusive, power off your speakers before test.

I am currently using W10 so not requesting Cyberlink to fix it before it get released but just trying to figure out if it is working fine for other people under W7 or W8.

Thanks.
AndrewR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2015 16:29 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I can't speak for PowerDVD 15, but I have this in PowerDVD 14 with all DVDs and blu-rays (playing from disc). The volume jumps up to 100% immediately (in PowerDVD and in the Windows volume settings), but output volume doesn't increase dramatically. I keep my windows volume at about 30% normally, so it's a big problem if I forget to turn it back down on exit.

This is using RCA output on a Xonar STX in WASAPI mode.