Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlue FX Interface question ?
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2015 22:16 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD Director 13 Ultimate Suite installed on my computer. I have a question regarding the NewBlue FX interface. In PD 13 it seems rather spartan compared to the videos the demonstrate the interface. See the screen grab from the program. In this instance I am trying to select a color that will be the main colr and the rest will have no color. In the examples videos on NewBlue and Videos on you tube there is a color picker available to select the color from the video. In PD 13 there is only a colr chart (not to precise. You have to guess at the color you want to isolate.) This is evident in all effects that have a color selection. I can live without the dials and samples showing the effect, but the color picker seems extremley important. Is this just an issue with the design by NewBlue with Power Director or is there a way to have PD13 display the proper interface.

The interface in Corel Video Studio 7 with NewBlue Fx is the same as interface shown on the NewBlue site examples.

See the two screenshots - one from PD 13 and one from Corel VS 7.
[Thumb - Screenshot (2).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (2).png
[Disk]
 Description
Corel VS7 screenshot
 Filesize
726 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
65 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (1).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (1).png
[Disk]
 Description
PD13 Screenshot
 Filesize
835 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
69 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ragged Jock (love spoonerisms) -

I don't want to be picky, but your screenshots are showing different effects. In Corel VS, you're using Color Fixer Plus & in PDR it's Selective Color

In PDR, you'll find the settings for Color Fixer Plus & Color Fixer Pro fairly similar - but they both lack a proper colour picker (I agree).

One way around that is to use a third party colour picker and just enter the RGB values in the bottom right corner of the colour chart. The one I use most often is from *here*

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2015 22:16 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,
Thank you for your quick reply. I was just using the screenshots as examples. I don't have VE5 in Corel and that is why the different filter screenshots.

The low down is that the color picker is missing in PD as you have answered. I had already thought of the external color picker, but something as simple as a color picker, you would think, should have been there. An oversight by NewBlue or Cyberlink ?

Thank you for the link, I'll check it out.