Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Low res thumbnails on scene selection
austinjim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2015 21:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have done several searches and it looks like other people are having similar problems, but I did not see a solution.

Here is the problem: The thumbnails in the scene selection menu are low resolution.

Under the "Chapter Room," I added thumbnails to the chapters with the "Set the current frame as the chapter thumbnail" button. The thumbnails captured and displayed are of the full frame and high resolution.

I have created a custom menu with a root page and a scene selection page. All looks well here.

When I go to "Create Disk," select the menu and "Apply to All Pages," the main menu works correctly. When I go the the scene selection menus, all the thumbnails are low res. The thumbnails appear to be croped from the center of the chapter thumbnail frame and have coarse pixalization. The background image is much higher resolution.

Is there any way to fix this so that the thumbnails that appear in the scene selection menus look more like the thumbnails on the chapter selections?

Inormation:

PowerDirector Ultra 13.0.2907.0

OS: Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) - Patched to current patches

Processor: AMD FX 8350 4Ghz

Ram: 8GB
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
austinjim, I posted this same problem months ago and never did get a satisfactory answer.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have seen reports of low resoulution or highly pixelated thumbnails on DVD's. I can't duplicate it on DVD as I start out with HD video like most users here. My BD and DVD thumbnails have always been sharp as I start out with 2k 16 mbps video minimum.

As a short test, type in a 24 point title across the video portion used as a thumbnail. Mine is readable on both BD and the DVD. Preview it before buring it to DVD+-RW. The menu thumbnail size will affect this. Boats.wmv can be in one of them. If the result is good then I suspect the high pixellation to be from low bitrate source video.

As far as the cropped thumbnail is concerned, do a forum search for uncropped or full chapter thumbnails. The solution has been given many times. You need to create your own thumbnails.

Let us know if this helps.