CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom menu still broken when editing
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
v6.03406.0

The menu options are still not working correctly ( after the patch ) when you try to edit a BD menu.

If you to put a custom picture / background and apply the template to all pages, it will only apply to 1 page and revert back to a default template for the intoduction and in the rest of the pages when you preview. Even if you apply to each page.

Also-

... Any custom music applied also reverts back to the template theme music.

... You can only edit the text in the 1st set of chapters, there is no way to go to the other chapters to change text.

... If you adjust the text and save it. This will also revert back to the default template.

... The chapters do not stay numbered correctly. I have 14 chapters set and it was saying 14, now it says 9 even though

14 are still there. ( yes I changed the total# to 14 )

... When the chapters are in the preview window. ( background 2 - broadway ) It shows 4 chapters but only has text for 3.

Custom features are non functional.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 23. 2015 11:20

sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jmcu,
It seems there are 2 basic concept about PowerProducer menu - Root menu and others.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd388582%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

If you stay at Root menu to load custom picture / background, then it will only apply to this Root menu. If you stay at other menus, then it can apply the custom picture to all menu pages.

>>When the chapters are in the preview window. ( background 2 - broadway ) It shows 4 chapters but only has text for 3.
It seems this broadway menu has design problem. maybe you can use other menus.
[Post New]
Thanks for the info sumer,

I did find that out when I went to PD13 and made a custom menu. It looks like I must of been changing the other menu and the root stayed as default.

I did get it sorted out in PD13. So I have returned PP6.

Thanks again
Reply to this topic