Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Chapters if Produce MKV/MTS and Frame Rate Issue
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Hello again.

I use PD13 and this is in my eyes the very best Video Software for Home Users.

But i don't understand two things :

1. ) i create a movie in the timleline, with effects, Titles...

Then i automatically draw up every 5 Minutes Chapters, or from beginning of every clip. It's all the same. I can see the chapter markers it in the timeline.

If i Create a Disc (BD Movie), the Chapters are available.

But when i "Produce" in H.264 (MKV,MTS), there are no chpaters. Why ?!

2.) If i use Produce Operation, the Frame Rate is not more correctly (HDMI Standard). I prefer to produce in 1080 60p or 1080 50p, and my Media Player from Mede8er didn't change the Frame Rate automatically before playing the Movie. If i Use "Create Disc" then it works correctly and the Player detects it automatically and switches to the right FPS.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I see that this post is not answered. As far as I know, produce in PD, any version does not create chapters. I have seen MKV files that do have chapters that can be navigated with vlc but they are produced with different software. See this link: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/326933-How-to-make-chapters-with-a-mkv-file .

As far as 2.) is concerned, I guess that you are saying that you don't use the whole bd folder, only 0000.m2ts. If that is the case, then use mediainfo to see what the difference are between the two files. If there are none then rename the produced file to 0000.m2ts and see if it works now.

Sorry, don't have any more suggestions as it appears that no one on this forum are doing these things.

Let us know if this helps.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
1.) I know, that PD13 don't create chapters when produce a mkv. But Why ?! I create a beautiful movie, but this important function didn't exists.

I use MKV Chapterizer, and Xmedia Recode. They both could set chapters without Re-Encoding. But it would be simpler, if PD could do that in one step.

2.) No. My Media Player plays the Created BD Bolder very well and switched to the right FPS.

But not, if i Produce in 50p or 60p with PD13. I think, the "Produce" Operation didn't create exactly HDMI Confirm Standards as will be needed for Auto Frame Detection.

I compare that both files that evenig, thanks.