Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD13 changing images in the project (solved in part)
[Post New]
Always used, small projects as a base to create new project, replacing photos, titles etc ...

In PD12 never had problems.

In PD13 sometimes show pictures of previous project on the timeline, but the final video is right.

This Project is all right in the library, the timeline and the saved file.

After saving project and reopen.

My Surprise, when saving to video file I have pictures from another project that is not even that I used based.

I searched for all workbooks and did not think the pictures, I thought of deletalas or renomer.

Is there something I do not know about?

Attached image shows one picture, but all were exchanged.

Note: I had to redo this post because the forum or chrome with this translate into my language automatically sometimes I do not understand.

The previous forum that did not happen.
[Thumb - imagechange.jpg]
 Filename
imagechange.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
486 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
132 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 01. 2015 15:41

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I always used small projects as a basis for new project exchanging photos, titles etc ...

In PD12 never had problems.

It has been some times PD13 change the image in my project, is shown the new images in the library room, put on the timeline I still have pictures of the previous project.

Today I have a case that seems to lie, is shown the new images in the library room and also on the timeline.While editing was all right, I always save and reopen the project to prevent reverse transition errors etc ...

My surprise when I send save video I see images of an old project, was not even project images I used to start this project, something insane.

I looked everywhere these images that appear in the project, I thought of deleting and talves solve the problem, I do not have a long time I deleted.

Is there something I do not know about?

Attached image shows one, but all were exchanged
Things I would try,

1. Minimize Powerdirector then restore it.

2. Save Project As, give new name. Close Powerdirector, reload that project.

3. Clear all of Powerdirector's temporary files. Preferences > General tab, click Manually Delete.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
My "guess" is that both have the same name - 002.jpg - and PD caches the thumbnail of the original image.
I had a similar issue where PD would keep the images for scene detection. The only way I could "force" it to "forget" them is by renaming the video clip (image name in your case).
Clearing PD files did not fix it for me - PD might be caching the info in the registry somehow.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2015 18:08

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
[Post New]
Carl312 Things I would try, Thanks for your help.

1 - Minimize Powerdirector then restore it.

I closed and reopened PD, log off, rebooted the PC solved nothing.

Finally I opened the autosave project, is normal and then saved video.

After updated project, reopen and again the error.

To ensure I autosave copy of the original design.

2 - Save Project As, give new name.

Close Powerdirector, reload that project.

Yes it was the first thing I did

3 - Clear all of Powerdirector's temporary files.

Preferences > General tab, click Manually Delete.

Yes I cleaned the temporary folder manually, personal folder, displays all hidden files and delete just that I want.

Now about 6 hours later I checked the autosave, I have a different result, missing photos from PC appears in the timeline, but the preview and thus the video has the right images.

Note: I delete my projects and materials about two months after delivery, to free HD space. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Playsound,
Please clarify what build of PDR13 you are using?
Dafydd
[Post New]
Dafydd - Hi Playsound, Please clarify what build of PDR13 you are using?

I'm using v2604, due to problems I posted here.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43402.page

Today I will give retry update v2822.

EKSVid My "guess" is that both have the same name - 002.jpg - and PD caches the thumbnail of the original image. Clearing PD files did not fix it for me - PD might be caching the info in the registry somehow.

I think you're right, the images can be saved in the Windows registry, I do not know how to handle it.

However PD13 should prioritize the images I pointed to the open project in PD12 always worked right.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2015 11:08

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD does have a cache problem even in the older versions. An example of this is when in the Create Disc module, you add more projects (titles). After saving and later you see something you want to change in one of the projects then you must make the changes to the particular added project by going back to the Create Disc module/ Contents and go to the edit module from there. The changes will be correctly made.

If I simply open PD later edit and make the changes to one of the additional projects. save it. Open the original project and check the changed project from there. There won't be any changes.

Just a hunch. Playsound can rename 002.jpg to 002a.jpg, import that and use it. That would fix it for now.

There are other cache problems in PD, in any versions. I don't ever report them. Once I see them, I do a workaround but it is good that a senior contributor bring up these issues.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2015 13:04

[Post New]
Solved in part.The confusion was the fact of using a project as a basis for new project, add new pictures, and in the end show pictures of a 3rd project (not what I used as base).

Today I reopen the project still had the error.

I did the simple thing but I should have done before.

Put in the pursuit of explorer 002 showed me 19 files, selected the file in question / properties, finding the folder and renaming, solved this case. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
You are saying that renaming that one file in that folder solved the problem. Did you have a file of the same name in many folders?? I normally use windows advanced options to import from a camera because each filename is unique like dsc or img and increase to 9999 regardless of which folder I put them in. Many software used to import photos rename to 001.jpg each time you use it as the first photo. I don't use them.

Thanks for the information so I won't start to import photos from a camera the way you do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2015 12:08

[Post New]
Quote: You are saying that renaming that one file in that folder solved the problem. Did you have a file of the same name in many folders?? I normally use windows advanced options to import from a camera because each filename is unique like dsc or img and increase to 9999 regardless of which folder I put them in. Many software used to import photos rename to 001.jpg each time you use it as the first photo. I don't use them.

Thanks for the information so I won't start to import photos from a camera the way you do.

I have received videos in card, it is common to repeat the numbers in this case I create folders for each card, 1 card (folder 1) etc ...But this is not my case.

I create small projects based on the previous project to take advantage of what is repeated as background video, effects and music.

I could always use the same model, but to take advantage of small changes I prefer to use as a base but recent projects.

The why rename folder:

1 - My base design, this in a folder, named "XXX".

2 - I open the folder project "XXX" and save in new folder "YYY"

3 - Rename the "XXX" folder to type "#XXX"

4 - Open the folder project "YYY"

PD13 will still look for the "XXX" folder not find it, and asks if I want to look for.

Then redirect to the "YYY"

That most of the time already contains all the material that will be replaced with the same name and or number.

I can also search each file one by one smoothly.

The reason for doing this way, only stalling.

When I talked entrontrei 19 photos 002.jpg because I have 19 different projects, still stored on my PC. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Your initial post on 4/26 was in English. After your edit on 5/1, it is in Portugese. Had to have it translated. You stated that this image (photo) cache problem did not occur in PD12. Maybe it is a bug in PD13. Unfortunately not all users workflow are the same and it should be something that Cyberlink can easily fix for everyone. Positive that many others use photo album type software that import camera photos in a sequence like in your case.

Reporting this to technical support can hopefully resolve this issue for all users. Someone has to report it first.

Thanks for posting this issue.