Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black line down the middle of imported video
3dayeventer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2015 08:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've impored a video to PD13 using the following steps. The video appears in the editing pane with a black line down the middle of the video, and as if the import process somehow split the video. The video displays correctly in Microsoft QuickTime player, however it does display upside down in MS QT player.

Steps

1) Launch PowerDirector13

2) Click the Edit tab and R-click in the video listing pane and choose Import Media files...

3) Choose the file attached (unzip it first) Danio4.

4) Notice the line down the center of the video see attached screenshot.

NOTE : This video is never moved to the timeline.
 Filename
Danio4.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1173 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
154 time(s)
[Thumb - splitvideo.jpg]
 Filename
splitvideo.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)
Thanks,
Pamela
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
According to Media Info, this was taken with iPad2 and even Quicktime shows a GREEN line on the far left side.

MPC-HC 64bit player displays the image upside down, but no black line or green line.

Win 8.1 Media Player displays it just fine. Something off about that file. Does this happen with all the files from that iPad?
[Thumb - Danio4.MOV.jpg]
 Filename
Danio4.MOV.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
47 time(s)
[Thumb - ipad2.jpg]
 Filename
ipad2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
3dayeventer [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also noticed a thick green line at the bottom of the imported clipe, when in PD13 viewing pane. I have 6 videos from the same mobile device, 3 of them are having the problem where the video appears split with a black line down the middle. The other 3 imported perfectely. The 3 that have the problem all appears upside down in MS QT player for me.

I had an older copy of Corel video studio X3 and was able to successfully import all 6 videos, and all videos appeared right side up. This version of Corel was so old, it was crashing during rendering, so I just recently bought PD 13, to hopefully have a better video editing tool, however, now these clips won't import successfully. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem in PD13? Thanks,
Pamela
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
This may or may not be of help to you, but at least in still photography (which I have a lot of experience with) it's very important which direction you hold the iPhone/iPad in when shooting. While it doesn't matter to the iPhone/iPad or Apple gear in general, many (most?) other apps depend on the orientation being a certain way.

We see that a lot on various Internet forums I belong to. When someone takes a landscape-orientation photo with their iPhone and uploads it to the forum, unless they were holding the iPhone properly (generally with the thumb button towards the right) the image will display upside down for anyone NOT using an Apple computer to view it. Anyone with a PC would have to stand on their heads to see it properly.

You will never see this problem if you and your viewers are all in the Apple world.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The QuickTime Player, plays the clip right side up.

Powerdirector 13 displays what you show. A split clip, same thing on the timeline.

Import that same video into PowerDirector 12, the media library shows the clip not split, but it is up side down.

Bring that clip to the timeline, you can rotate the clip right side up.

No split or double image.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2015 11:25

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

3dayeventer [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't have PD12, but I was able to move the split clip to the time line, then shrink it's size, in the video editing pane, so that the split portion is cut out of the clip. It doens't look great because now that clip sequence, has a black edge around it and it's smaller than the other clips, but at least it's not split now. I guess the lesson learned is not to get the clips upside down, right? : any suggestions for making the black border or empty space, around the smaller clip, look better (i.e. like how to add a border to it or something)? This is a sales video. Thanks,
Pamela
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The smart thing to do is convert the MOV to MP4 in a file converter. I used Format Factory 3.3.5.

Attached is a screen shot of the converted MP4 Video in PowerDirector 13 after I have rotated the upside down video right side up.

By the way, that fixes the video for PD 13.
[Thumb - after Converting to MP4 in format factory.png]
 Filename
after Converting to MP4 in format factory.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot of PD13 with converted Video.
 Filesize
407 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
54 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

3dayeventer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks so much Carl, this did the trick!!! : Thanks,
Pamela