Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
16:9 to 2.35:1
[Post New]
Hello,
I have only ever seen one video for PowerDirector on how to convert 16:9 to 2.35:1 without cropping, but it was for PD8. How can I do this in PD12?

Thanks!
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
Quote:
how to convert 16:9 to 2.35:1 without cropping, but it was for PD8. How can I do this in PD12?...

follow this instruction... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOpCKvWB5RU (updated 21Nov201
it is same in PD12 as in PD10.

* update: me.

(-> alternate method ?? ? ??to create 2.35 1??? ??? ???? Cinema Wide Anamorphic videos w PowerDirector https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavtkAYV3Sk)

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Nov 22. 2018 00:29

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
PepsiMan -

Maybe I'm getting too old for numerical gymnastics, but the mathematics of that left me a bit confounded, even after watching your video twice.

When rejigging AR in PDR, CLPV should be a better option than stretch because the central part of the image is left intact.

Varan -

The way I figure it, if you're working with 16:9 source clips & you want 2.35:1 there's a choice of cropping or stretching. To me a little cropping is far more preferable than stretching.

If you want it to look like 2.35:1, you could just use one of the attached overlays (a few commonly used cinema aspect ratios). If you don't want it cropped so much, just uncheck "Maintain Aspect Ratio" and give it a little stretch.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - 2.35x1.png]
 Filename
2.35x1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
754 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2534 time(s)
 Filename
Cinema AR Overlays.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
324 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2015 23:10

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Thank you, ynotfish! I see your point now as to cropping and stretching, and i must say I now prefer cropping. Am about to use your suggestion on my own film.