Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quality Of Thumbnails In Chapter Menus
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
How do I increase the resolution of the thumbnails in my chapter menus? They are unclear and have jagged edges.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: How do I increase the resolution of the thumbnails in my chapter menus? They are unclear and have jagged edges.

What playback are you using? The preview in the program will not be as good as the final. Burn the project to an ISO (image file) and then watch the ISO using something like the free VLC player.

I am assuming that you are making a standard definition project rather then high definition or 3D.

Let us know if that helps. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I am making a standard definition DVD. I play it back on my TV's set top DVD player. The thumbnail image is terrible.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, I am making a standard definition DVD. I play it back on my TV's set top DVD player. The thumbnail image is terrible.

Does the rest of the video look OK? That may be as good as it gets. How many thumbnails do you have on one menu page? Are you using an upscaling DVD player and trying to play the disc in high definition? That sometimes causes a problem.

How does the disc look when you play it on your computer? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, the main video looks great. Not upscaling to HD. I have submitted a new topic "Thumbnail Quality" so that I could include an attachment for you to look at.