Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Poor Quality Photos
Peter13 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2015 18:17 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I have produced my first video and it looks great, except that I ended it with a photo (1.5 mb) which appears sharp and beautiful when I open it as a jpeg but blurry in my produced video. What am I doing wrong?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Need more information like the resolution, bitrate, and type of video you produced.
Peter13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I produced an MP4 AVC video; the photo I used had a resolution of 325 pixels/inch at 7"x15". Where do I find the bitrate?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter -

The image proportions are 15x7, yes? So - it looked like this on the screen (assuming a 16:9 project)?

That image (straight off a Canon 7D) was cropped to 4837x2257 (same proportions) and produced as MPEG-4 4K @ 50MBps - looked OK.

What is the resolution of the photo (in pixels)? Did you resize the image to fill the screen? Apply any motion?

If you right click on the video in the media library and select properties, it should tell you the bitrate.

Bottom line - it's ALWAYS a compromise producing photos to video format.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - 15X7.png]
 Filename
15X7.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
256 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
282 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 20. 2015 03:07

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Peter13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The resolution of the photo, which I put together in Photoshop, is 325 px/in and the photo size is 7"x15". I did not crop it to put it in my video and I did not apply motion. The bit rate of the video is 6.15 Mbps.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter -

I figured it wasn't an image from a camera! I was asking because I know that in some earlier investigations about Panoramas in PDR, we worked out that the more elongated the photo the poorer the produced file looked.

What I meant by posting the screenshot is to see if the image was letter-boxed like that.

To be honest, I don't really have by head around pixel density - except that bigger is better (like a Retina iPhone - 326). I get even more confused when people who apparently know what they're talking about use DPI & PPI to mean the same thing. I don't understand what impact that might have on producing a video.

There has to be a simple reason the image came out so poorly in your video.

What is the resolution of the photo in pixels? Is it 4875x2275? (that's what I get by multiplying 15 & 7 by 325, but I may be calculating it the wrong way). That's about 11MP

What exact profile did you use? You said it was MPEG-4 @ 6.15MBps - what resolution? 1920x1080? Bigger? Smaller?

Could you attach the image here? or is it private?

Cheers - Tony
sunny07300 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2013 02:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
HI
[Thumb - 20140606-8.jpg]
 Filename
20140606-8.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 21. 2015 05:24

[Post New]
The picture you posted is low resolution, seen on the big TV or the monitor is bad.
Image size 163x204 pixel
DVD Image size 720x480 (NTSC) AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
[Post New]
PlaySound -

Don't worry. That's someone else posting mysterious little things to put you off the scent - not Peter13.
Peter13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried a higher resolution photo, which improved the image on my video a bit, but it is still much fuzzier than when I call up the original jpeg. All the tutorials show videos of stills sharp and clear, so I must be doing something wrong.