Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi sessions
[Post New]
Hello,

I am working on an advertisement for my company, describing our products, its about 45 minutes long, but I am facing a problem to follow all these products because of its long, we have purchase a new heavy duty PC with 27" LED monitor for this project, but still the problem has not been solves.

If the PD has a multi session or sequences like adobe premier pro, then this matter will be solve, because I will be able to copy each product on separate sequence & render it individually instead of single session.

Anybody can help me in this matter.

Regards
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Yousefz -

45 minutes of product advertisement? I hope your clients have good attention spans From your description it sounds more like a documentary or infomercial.

You said you have a "problem", but I'm not sure what it is.

You have a number of products to cover in your project. It would be easy to set up a separate project for each product (or group of products).

Once the editing is done, each project could be:
a. produced then combined in the final 45 minute project
b. inserted into the final project, along with intros/outros

I follow a similar procedure when making more lengthy/complex things - pre-producing shorter sequences to be added to the final project. As an example, when I made this - http://youtu.be/plzcqbNdVYs - the section from 0:29 to 1:00 was a separate project imported into the final project.

Is that what you're referring to?

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]

Hello,

Thank you ynotfish for your reply.

The 45 Min. of the the movie actually is about our company history & products, so you can say its a documentary or infomercial.

My problem is that the timeline is heavy, crowd and it is difficult to find the specific portions of the movie.

I tried before to follow your procedure, but sometime I forget and I continue working on same track!

Multi sessions will help me and other to avoid this matter, don't you think ?

Regards

Yousef

moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!

What you can do is create different project, and when you're ready, you can copy the timeline of one project, open another project, then paste it. Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks moisesmcardona for your reply.

I have followed your suggestion, but I have lost the resolution of the footage when I paste it.

Try it you self.

Regards
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Yousefz

With PowerDirector you can open a project within a project with no need to copy and paste. That way you'll keep all your project material together!

It is possible to create a short project, (for example Project 1 ). Finish editing and making sure to save it as Project 1.
Start your next project ( Project 2 ) finish editing that and making sure you save it.
If you continue working in that manner you can create many smaller projects.
For your final project you would create a new project ( Final ) go to your file menu and choose "Open Project" and select your very first edited project.
Once you have opened that project go back to the file menu and choose "Open Project" again,. This time you will be asked if you want to keep your first project material with the latest project, choose "Yes" .
You can continue in this manner to open all your short projects to create a final edit.
Yes, it does sound a bit confusing but I've managed to create a longer project from several shorter projects. Don't forget to "Pack Project" once you have finished, this way you'll keep every last frame intact with your timeline for future editing.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
Hello
Thanks Kyle 40 for you suggestion, but when I followed the procedures you have mentioned, I got the main video clip from project1 media library into project2 media library not the timeline of project1 when I have create the new project.

My request is to have both timeline on same, or to have different sequence.

Regards

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Yousefz -

I think Kyle may be referring to inserting a project (rather than opening).

File > Insert Project combines the project timelines & media libraries. It's shown here - http://youtu.be/GBTkFfW7q5w?t=2m34s

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]

Hello
Good job done ynotfish

Insert Project , works fine, it can insert other timeline to my working timeline, but the multi session is stongly recommended for PD.

I have contacted CL regarding this matter they have transferred my request to their development section.

Regards

Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Yousefz -

I think Kyle may be referring to inserting a project (rather than opening).

File > Insert Project combines the project timelines & media libraries. It's shown here - http://youtu.be/GBTkFfW7q5w?t=2m34s

Cheers - Tony

Thanks Tony for correcting my mistakes. you'd think I'd learn not to be in such a rush

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.