Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture analogue tapes into AVI - insufficient hard disk space problem
Alan Tse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 18, 2013 21:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I bought AVerMedia C027 capture card recently.
Wanted to convert all my analogue tapes into digital format, eg. avi in my Windows 7 (64 bit).

However, after I set my destination folder to my one of the internal harddisk (~ 500GB free space, eg. W:\Video\Convert) and started recording, an error occurred and the pop up box says:
"The disk space required is insufficient. You must free up some disk space by deleting unwanted or temporary files from your system."

This happened randomly, ie, after recording of 1 min 30 sec (~1.3 GB), 7 min (~6.5GB), etc.
But in one occasion it passed 8 min without problem.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I bought AVerMedia C027 capture card recently.
Wanted to convert all my analogue tapes into digital format, eg. avi in my Windows 7 (64 bit).

However, after I set my destination folder to my one of the internal harddisk (~ 500GB free space, eg. W:\Video\Convert) and started recording, an error occurred and the pop up box says:
"The disk space required is insufficient. You must free up some disk space by deleting unwanted or temporary files from your system."

This happened randomly, ie, after recording of 1 min 30 sec (~1.3 GB), 7 min (~6.5GB), etc.
But in one occasion it passed 8 min without problem.

Capturing Video Tape is loaded with problems.

The age of the tape can have playback errors.
If you don't have clean video and audio in some portions, you may get all kinds of strange errors.

Powerdirector is not very forgiving with errors in Video tape capture.

You may have better success with Windows Movie Maker, or one of the many third party capture programs.

You can try MPEG-2 capture, it uses about 1/10th of the space.
Granted MPEG-2 is a lossy format.

Uncompressed AVI makes HUGE files.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you clean out those temp and tmp folders? Sometimes they fill up and the message you got is possible.

If you don't have a program to help , look at the free CCleaner to do the cleaning. Don't use the registry cleaner part of it. Get it directly from Pinform. Make sure you use the custom install to make sure that some parasite programs don't install with it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2015 10:08

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.