Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shutterstoc JPEG Images
Jwalk1938 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2011 19:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if the shutterstoc JPEG images imbedded in content essential, slide shows, frozen space can be changed?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There are a number of alterations you can make to the slideshows, it's sort of a HACK, but not really, just switching out images.
For CAMERA VIEW, the sentimental Hallmark card, you can switch the frilly frames by making your own, as well as the masks, but as you might know the naming and such must be identical.
You can also make a new background in an image editor, that part is easier than the frames/masks.
For the "3D" show, those guilded frames might not be suited to your birthday party or trip to Aruba, and in this case the frames are quite easy to switch out. I've made Chinese, tropical, graduation, birthday party frames, just replicate the naming and sizing with your own png files.
As for Frozen Space, I'm sure you can alter the background with your own images, but I cannot figure out what those Shutterstock images are for, I can't seem to bring them up in the UI. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry & Jwalk1938 -

I can help out a bit there.

The Shutterstock images are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Templates\PowerDirector Content Pack 13\PowerDirector 13 Content Pack Essential\Slideshow\FrozenSpace - those images can be replaced with any JPGs you wish, but I've only ever renamed the replacements "shutterstock_25537660.jpg" etc. just as they are in that folder.

They're only used in the template as "filler" photos (i.e. they spin around in the group of photos but aren't brought to the front. PDR will use them depending on the number of photos selected.

Frozen Space is an unpredictable little thing. Groups of 8 photos fly in, spin around and take turns at being front & centre. If you use only 8 photos, no fillers will be used. I used to think that if you then used a multiple of 8 (16, 24 etc,) you'd get the same thing, but that was wrong. As far as I've determined, use more than 8 and you get fillers.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jwalk1938 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2011 19:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, I was able to replace background with my own image in Frozen Space. Not quite as smooth but will continue working with it.
Thanks