Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activation
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Finally took the leap and upgraded to PD 13. In the past when going through MPEG 2 and avc I got the message that I must activate. I got no such message this time. Are codecs now quitely actiavted in the background? I don't wamt to get bit in the behind when everything quits working in 30 days. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
Quote: Finally took the leap and upgraded to PD 13. In the past when going through MPEG 2 and avc I got the message that I must activate. I got no such message this time. Are codecs now quitely actiavted in the background? I don't wamt to get bit in the behind when everything quits working in 30 days.

In my view, codec activation is only done when installing PD for the first time on the PC.

If you upgraded to PD13 on the same PC that had or has previous version of PD, will not be asked to activate Codec.

It was like that with me.

Is uninstalled and removed 100% previous PD, will need to activate again.

By adding a MPEG2 file opens a window to confirm activation, the same for AVCHD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2014 21:13

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate