Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How To select An Item In The Timeline Without Moving The Timeline Slider
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
How can I select say a title located somewhere in the timeline without the timeline slider jumping to that position?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jerry -

I don't think that's possible in PDR. Wherever you click (to select something), the timeline marker follows.

Actually, it seems right that it does that - since that's where you want to be on the timeline.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's just one reason I would not want it to do that. Suppose you're at a precise point on the timeline and want to move a title to that precise point. When you select the title to move it there, you lose the precise point. Make sense?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I understand.

You could always add a timeline marker at the insertion point so you don't "lose" it. Just right click on the time scale.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your suggestion. That would certainly work, but require an extra step or two. Be much simpler if could hold down shift key when making selection to case slider to stay put. I have put the question to CyberLink. Maybe they will consider it for the next patch.