Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Camera slideshow HACK
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Folks, I am making a Halloween video and I am going to use the Camera View Slideshow for a section.
I have easily replaced the background "card" with a creepy night scene, but I cannot seem to alter the 2 "frilly" photo frames to something a little more generic. Every time I try to test, I get a crash. I never got as far as altering the masks, only the 2 frames I dislike.
Anyone successfully altered those 2 frames and masks.
The hack makes the template far more versatile.
I'm even considering replacing the background with a green screen,
render, and then by keying out the back
I can easily use any image or video behind it. But those 2 frames...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2014 13:25

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Barry -

Would any of the frames & masks attached here be of any use? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/17146.page#87066

A person of your perspicacity would probably be able to make an appropriate set of frames

Another possibility worth considering is NOT to use 6 different frames. Just choose the one(s) you want - duplicate & rename them in the same way as the files in the template folder. Repeats the same process for the matching mask(s).

The naming protocols are important! As you've discovered PDR can get a bit toey when you start playing around with its files.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Great link, and I certainly noticed the number of downloads is very impressive.
I did try before to simply copy the frames and rename, but that didn't work, crash. I was making/saving the graphics in Photoshop Elements 8, still not sure what I did wrong.
The link provides a massive resource. Cool. Thanks. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Barry -

Earlier, I was trying to make a halloweeny frame. That was OK - I just haven't got the mask right yet & I'm not sure why. You'll see what I mean if you apply the attached frames & mask to replace that frilly one.

You've probably noticed that the frames/masks aren't a consistent size. That might need to be considered if you're trying to duplicate things.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Halloween FrameMask.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
208 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!