Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio Slider
[Post New]
Hello,

Is it possible to have Audio slider to increase or decrease the audio volume on the timeline with PD13 or upcoming patches or versions ?
Kindly see the attached picture .

Regards,

Yousef
[Thumb - audio-slider.png]
 Filename
audio-slider.png
[Disk]
 Description
Audio Slider in PD
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

Is it possible to have Audio slider to increase or decrease the audio volume on the timeline with PD13 or upcoming patches or versions ?
Kindly see the attached picture .

Regards,

Yousef

Not quite the same but close. Click on the clip and then go to the "Audio Mixing Room". You can adjust the volume there
or
Click at the beginning of the audio of the clip. If you do it right, a red dot will appear. Do the same for the end of the clip. Drag the red dots upwards to increase the volume and down to decrease the volume. This method is also good for adjsutiong volumes for fade in and fade out or for adjusting the volumes in the middle of the clips (create 4 red dots and then drag the middle 2 down or up.

Let me know if you need an image of the red dots method. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello,

Thank you for your assistance.

What is the difference between : Voice - Music - Audio1 - Audio2 - Audio3 in Audio Mixing Room ?

I have dropped a clip with a speech on the timeline & the Audio1 was active not the Voice, & dropped a music, the Audio2 has been active ...

When the Voice and Music will be active ? I mean in which situation ?

Regards

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

Thank you for your assistance.

What is the difference between : Voice - Music - Audio1 - Audio2 - Audio3 in Audio Mixing Room ?

I have dropped a clip with a speech on the timeline & the Audio1 was active not the Voice, & dropped a music, the Audio2 has been active ...

When the Voice and Music will be active ? I mean in which situation ?

Regards

The Audio Mixing Room has sliders for each of the active audio tracks.

Active means if you have an audio file in those tracks.

Voice Track is mostly used for recording Voice Over narration.
The Music Track is where Magic Music is placed (SmartSound).

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
...and audio that you add from a file can be dropped onto any audio track, the voice or the music tracks.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 23. 2014 10:55

jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The Audio Mixing Room has sliders for each of the active audio tracks.

If I may amplify... When the timeline marker is at a point in the timeline where it covers a clip in Track# 1 but not Track# 2, The Audio Mixer Channel for Tk# 1 will be active, but not Tk# 2. When the Timeline marker reaches the clip in Tk# 2, then, the mixer for #2 will activate.

Did that make sense or did I just confuse the matter? CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel