Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Image in timeline will not appear
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
This has happened before, but tonight I'm on a roll posting bugs that annoy me.
What we have here is a failure to illuminate...an image in the timeline fails to appear.

The workaround is to go to MODIFY and click FADES, then if you wish unclick it. The image will appear as it should.
[Thumb - Missing image.png]
 Filename
Missing image.png
[Disk]
 Description
Image is not appearing
 Filesize
71 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
202 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 12. 2014 21:07

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,

I have a better one for you :

Rendered video (MP4) comes out all BLACK ! after attempting a second time with NO changes prior, voila ! It works OK. Yes , IRRRRRRRRRRITATING !!! Win 10, i7
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,
I've passed on your observation and workaround to CyberLink.
Maybe a larger image next time please. It's a bit hard (impossible) to read the details in the one attached.
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 13. 2014 05:57

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Barry,

I have a better one for you :

Rendered video (MP4) comes out all BLACK ! after attempting a second time with NO changes prior, voila ! It works OK. Yes , IRRRRRRRRRRITATING !!!

Hi HDedit,
Can you post the "find" as a new topic please and include some more detail? Such as: MediaInfo of the original video, maybe a clip sample and what was selected as the output. I'll pass the data onto CyberLink.
Must have been just a tad annoying to say the least to have it happen. Another bug to report.
Dafydd
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Will try to emulate issue next time. At this moment I've no spare moment to trouble shoot. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
Quote: This has happened before, but tonight I'm on a roll posting bugs that annoy me.
What we have here is a failure to illuminate...an image in the timeline fails to appear.
The workaround is to go to MODIFY and click FADES, then if you wish unclick it. The image will appear as it should.

I have this same problem for images (pictures) when you open a project and add more photos.

Beyond the Fade button, which restores the opacity, the other button I used, keyframe / Clip Attribute / Opacity.

A click on the diamond side of the clock.

Doing this for the first photo added later shows normal. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate