where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Failed: disc layer jump address failed
Reply to this topic
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 13, 2008 06:30 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to burning dvd's
and I just started burning dvd's not long ago when I got this dvd burner.

I learned the difference between 4.5 GB discs and the 8.5 GB discs called DL's

I just burnt my first DL dvd disc, and then when I tried burning another DL dvd of the same file, I got this message:

PowerProducer has failed to complete the task(s) because:

Description:
(1) Setting DVD+R DL disc Layer Jump Address failed.(EB020B8c)

After I got this, I tried it 3 more times and I keep getting the same message!

Any ideas or suggestions?
Dado [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Jul 17, 2006 23:45 Messages: 128 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Did you burn DL disc from DVD folder?
Could you please list the brand of your dvd burner and F/W?
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
My CD Burner: LG 18x External Super Multi DVD Rewriter GSA-E40L

My PC: A Dell Computer running Windows XP

MY Blank DVD Discs: SONY DVD+R DL 8.5 GB RW

--------------------------------------

I'm having mass problems with PowerProducer!

After a few more tries I got it to burn two more Discs, then it started giving me the same message again!

I tried checking the boxes to make a disc image and a folder in which I can make faster burns from the same file, but both of those options do not work at all!!!!!! The folder option just makes an empty folder and when I try to burn from the empty folder it say the folder is invalid. As for the image option, this does absolutely nothing!!!!!!!

Please let me know what is causing the error message, I can't seem to figure it out and because it takes 2 hours to burn a 2 hour DVD, this is really starting to piss me off because it's making me wait 2 hours to prepare the folder for burning the DVD before it ejects it without burning at all and giving me the error message (in which it is a waste of my time because the folder and image options to store the file information do not work)!!!!!!!!

????????????????????
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerProducer is only letting me burn from Projects!

The Folders and Images options don't work!!!!!!
I already read about how to use them in the Manual. Only the files are not being created, and the manual says nothing about "what to do" or "not to do" after checking the boxes to make them work!!!!!!!!!

My main problem is it not burning all the time!

If there's some kind of secret to make the folders work though (for making DVD burns from) then let me know what it is. Then I wouldn't have to wait so long to see if a burn works or not!

Dado [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Jul 17, 2006 23:45 Messages: 128 Offline
[Post New]
There is no special steps to burn dvd folder.
Just step by step to final output page and choose burning option to burn.
Did you mean that you can burn dvd folder and image without any warning msg but isn't success, right?
Bradley [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 01, 2008 07:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have just got the same error when burning to a DVD DL from a project,
what does it mean and has anyone found a way to make it work?
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok

I tried this....

After finishing a project.... and saving it.... instead of using the check box option to make a folder or an image..... I went to my CyberLink/PowerProducer/My Video/ folder and made a new folder there titled the name of the DVD and then I went to Disc Utilities in the main menu of PowerProducer and using a DVD I already made I chose "Save Disc Image" in that new folder I made so I could try to actually create the image that PowerProducer won't do after finishing a project!

It made an .RDF file in that folder, is this correct? Because I just tried burning from that to make another DVD and it did burn the DVD, only it messed up and saved the DVD as two computer files! One for Audio, and the other for Video!

I'm starting to think PowerProducer should have came with a 500 page booklet for troubleshooting everything it does wrong! It could be the DVD Burner I'm using with PowerProducer or the Discs I'm trying to use, but it would be helpful if there was resource information for that also. Everything works great till I actually try to make a file or a burn of some kind!

Anyone reading this having the same problems... AVOID The IMAGE and FOLDER making options and just open the DVD as a Project, select Only Burn Disc, and wait 1 to 2 hours, and if it fails to burn at all after waiting 1 to 2 hours for it to prepare the burn, try again and again! It may take up to 8 hours to burn one DVD, but this is the best help I can give anyone right now because I've been trying to figure it out for over 2 weeks straight and there's no solution to this yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah!!!!!

The Image and Folder options always say successfully created, but their ain't shit there!!!!!! My first thought is that PowerProducer isn't putting them in the folders it says it is... only I haven't got a clue what I'm looking for!!!

The Manual should explain what you should see after creating them! Then at least people like myself will know what to look for when they don't go where they are supposed to!!!!!

No Error Messages with the Image and Folder creating problem!
Bradley [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok so I burned one sucessful single layer disc.
It works on all the PC's I've tried and my DVD player.

I have since tried to make another one but it fails to make the disc and gets stuck at 20%.

As far as the duel layer DVD's go.. I have tried burning streight to a DL disc but always get that error at 100% 'jump adress failed...'

I have made a DVD folder with the Audio and video files in and also a RDF file.
(i can only make these on my laptop, my pc fails. Vista problem?)

I can then burn these to a disc! and wooo! it acctually burned them! but hang on!
The dvd will only play on our 'family' pc (vista). and not on my laptop (XP) or my pc(vista). Nor will it play on my DVD player!

So....what now?!?!?
Jason [Avatar]
[Post New]
IDK....

But I've been trying it since last night and I haven't burnt another one since.

I would say it is DL related though for sure, because I never had a problem with 4.5 GB Discs. I think it may have something to do with memory in my computer or multi tasking and doing other stuff on my computer at the same time I'm waiting over 2 hours for it to prepare the burn.

It appears CyberLink has no tech support.
John [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 19, 2008 05:41 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi folks, the problem I'm having with My Power Producer V5, is that having completed my project using Pd 7 I open PP then click on Open Project & then on Import Video files.

Now I must say 1stly before I go any further though, that after completeing this project, & because I have on this occasion {& this is the 1st project I have completed since recently purchasing Power Director 7 version} i created a project using photo files {only} to take advantage of all the transitions/pips etc that's avail with V7, then rendered it as an AVI file.

Now this is the file I have then imported this file into Power Producer after clicking on Open Project. It appears that maybe because it's an AVI file, it will not burn successfully if I have created a menu.

However,if I set the preferences under "Project" before burning to disc as {Play all titles without a Menu} it will burn successfully. The downside to that is you don't have a home page so to speak when you load the disc & hence no menu as well. now I am yet to create a MPEG project & render it to proceed to that same point to see what the outcome will be. I hope I can do the menu with the usual backgorund music as well, otherwise I will be left quite frustrated as to what to do.

Can anyone tell me if this is happening simply because it is an AVI file I have created from Rendering, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Any suggestions from anyone in the forum would be so appreciated please.
Regards, John
Bradley [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have burned sucessfully a couple of times on duel layer. however when played the dvd freezes as it changes layers.

I have tried burning them again on different DVD's (more expensive ones)
using Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x speed. They burn sucessfully EVERY time with no error messages at all from Powerproducer and they also play perfectly all the way through.
Definately try this if nothing else works.

Brad
JAMES [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 05, 2015 15:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had this problem - I found it was because I had changed the disc volume label name - when I changed it back to the original all was fine again!
Reply to this topic