Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Either this disc or drive is not ready
peter7700s [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2014 09:23 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Now I am using my other computer that has an HL-DT-STdvd+-rwgwa4164bd10 DVD burner

The error message I get now when I try to burn is:

On another page it just plain does not recognize the disc attributes.

I'd guess it is the same problem.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=peter7700s]Now I am using my other computer that has an HL-DT-STdvd+-rwgwa4164bd10 DVD burner

The error message I get now when I try to burn is:

On another page it just plain does not recognize the disc attributes.

I'd guess it is the same problem.[/quote]

What is supposed to be after "... Burn is:"

Are you trying to burn a project directly to a disc? Try outputting it to a folder and then use somehtign like ISOBurn to burn the folder set to a disc.

Please we need much more information. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
peter7700s [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wrote it to an external folder after editing it first and had the same problem when I tried to burn it.

Then I tried to burn it directly to disc and got the same error message.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=peter7700s]I wrote it to an external folder after editing it first and had the same problem when[b] I tried to burn it.[/b]

Then I tried to burn it directly to disc and got the same error message.[/quote]

What program did you use to try to burn the folder (asked again)??

It is going to be a long drawn out affair if you don;t take the time to read and answer all the questions. Help us help you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 12. 2014 11:26

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
peter7700s [Avatar]
[Post New]
power director i think
stevek
[Post New]
[quote=peter7700s]power director i think[/quote]

You think ?

Did you try the free ISOBurn? .
peter7700s [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am sorry, I do not know how to perform and ISOBURN?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this test. Close all apps. Put a blank DVD in the drive. Autoplay should ask you what you want to do next. If it don't but gives you the same error message then your drive is bad. You never gave any info on your computer so I assume win7. Here is a link for that drive about 10 years ago to get dell to replace that drive: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/disk-drives/f/3534/t/17589213?PageIndex=1 :
peter7700s [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have xp
peter7700s [Avatar]
[Post New]
I put in a blank cd and the green light on the drive flashed but nothing came up on the screen. I put in a cd for the the monitor software and it opened up.
I put a movie dvd in the drive and it did not play.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Can you play that DVD in the drive or see the contents using win explorer. If not then the drive is good only for CD and not DVD. The drive has failed.
peter7700s [Avatar]
[Post New]
I looked at your prior Dell link. here are some comments about the drivers. I just reinstalled XP.

Is there something I should check? If so how do i check it?
peter7700s [Avatar]
[Post New]
Reading toward the bottom of the link you sent it appears there may be a problem between power dvd and this burner?

Do you know anything about that?