Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible to get Custom Transition into Transition Room? (Solved)
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I have made a custom transition (See attached). My hopes may be beyond the capabilities of PD12. But it never hurts to ask, right?

Question: Is it at all possible to make this a transition that will appear in the Transition Room and use it like the Fade and other built-in transitions that will overlay on the image clips in the timeline and use those images and not the ones used in the attached clip?

I've done searches and I did find the "Sand Transition" but it didn't cover making it a selectable transition in the TransRoom.

I'm a VB programmer, so if there's some "programming" involved, I'm up to the challenge.

Thank you for your time,

Joe
 Filename
Transition Test.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Two photo transition
 Filesize
251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
232 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2014 19:11

CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good job Joe!

You can't turn that into a standard PD transition, but you can easily apply it to other images & clips (as long as they're the same proportions).

What you've effectively done is make a transition like "Swing" with an added zoom.

If you save each image as a PiP Object template, you can drag them to the timeline and use PDR12's Copy/Paste keyframes feature to apply the same motion to any images of the same proportions.

It's the same process (with different motion) Cranston used in making this tutorial - http://youtu.be/qzISpa8WTIE

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2014 15:25

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I get it now... Thanks. It's easy enough. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel