Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Confusing problem?
ste223uk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2014 07:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, hopefully someone here can help me.......

I am using Powerdirector 12 and have created a dvd for my children's dance school awards presentation night. It contains a mixture of still photographs, video and music tracks.

When I produce a dvd it plays absolutely fine on my laptop, wifes laptop, blueray player and PS3. However, if I try to play it on a different DVD player it has some difficulties? The scrolling text skips and it kind of pixelates through some of the transition effects?

I am producing the disc to sell for the dance school to raise money for a local hospitals baby unit and would like to ensure that it is top quality if you know what I mean. All of the proceeds will be donated and neither me or the dance school will make any money.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Steve
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest 2 things.
A. Be sure to render your movie to MPEG2 to create a single DVD-compliant file of your project.
B. Burn that file to DVD at a slow burner speed.

Always use good quality DVDs.
For your sales, an ink-jet printed DVD is a great presentation.
Epson has the XP series for short money. The XP-600-610 (and maybe the 800) all print a single disc, so there's a little effort in actually printing them, but you'll love the result. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I produce a dvd it plays absolutely fine on my laptop, wifes laptop, blueray player and PS3. However, if I try to play it on a different DVD player it has some difficulties? The scrolling text skips and it kind of pixelates through some of the transition effects?
If I understand correctly the DVD plays fine on four different players but has problems on the fifth. I would investigate the possibility of the one player it won't play on being defective. Maybe try a different disk on that player. So far as good quality DVDs is concerned I never use anything but Verbatim. I always burn them at 16x and they turn out fine. Like Carl, I always produce an MPEG-2 first and burn that onto the DVD. If you want chapters you will lose them when you produce the MPEG-2, so make sure you make a note of where you want them before you burn the MPEG and add them to it before burning the DVD.

Concur on the Epson printer for DVDs. Been using them since the R800 about 10 years ago, and have always been happy with the results. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
[Post New]
Quote: Hi all, hopefully someone here can help me.......

I am using Powerdirector 12 and have created a dvd for my children's dance school awards presentation night. It contains a mixture of still photographs, video and music tracks.

When I produce a dvd it plays absolutely fine on my laptop, wifes laptop, blueray player and PS3. However, if I try to play it on a different DVD player it has some difficulties? The scrolling text skips and it kind of pixelates through some of the transition effects?

I am producing the disc to sell for the dance school to raise money for a local hospitals baby unit and would like to ensure that it is top quality if you know what I mean. All of the proceeds will be donated and neither me or the dance school will make any money.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Steve

Ive already been similar to yours when I used a DVD medias Elgin one that has the really dark side of recording, also with Dual Layer DVD medias 8.5 Gb. Origin Umedisc problems.
The best result for me medias use CMC Magnetics and whenever I record to 6X, my recorder allows this speed. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate