Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Marking highlights in video while watching clips
Randle McMurphy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: asfsd Joined: Aug 29, 2014 21:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
All, I would like to know if there is a simple way to mark the timeline and denote a highlight while watching a video. For example, as I am watching a soccer game I've recorded I'd like to mark spots on the video that I'd like to go back to later and trim out highlights. I'd rather go through all the clips on my timeline, mark spots of interest to come back to later, and then trim them out. Similar to a still photo shoot where one makes a first pass through hundreds of photos and marks those worth coming back to later.

I'm assuming the timeline marker might be able to be leveraged here, but not certain. Any advice on this workflow would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Randle

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06. 2014 00:48

asdfdsf
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Timeline markers could do the job, as long as the timeline is not changed - throwing off the timing.

Place the scrubber on the clip/scene desired, right-click and ADD TIMELINE MARKER. You can even name it.
[Post New]
Quote: All, I would like to know if there is a simple way to mark the timeline and denote a highlight while watching a video. For example, as I am watching a soccer game I've recorded I'd like to mark spots on the video that I'd like to go back to later and trim out highlights. I'd rather go through all the clips on my timeline, mark spots of interest to come back to later, and then trim them out. Similar to a still photo shoot where one makes a first pass through hundreds of photos and marks those worth coming back to later.

I'm assuming the timeline marker might be able to be leveraged here, but not certain. Any advice on this workflow would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Randle

Add Timeline Marker is an option, however if you're going to make cuts, it loses the desired position.

Works if you make the cuts, the end to the beginning.

Alternatively, add a pip in any position. whenever you make a cut, delete the part of the video, use the option Remove And Move All Timeline ... or (Alt + Del) marker (Pip) remains in the desired position this way, after it's done, remove the Pip.

To facilitate more use a short pip, 1st PIP Copy (Ctrl + C), Paste (Ctrl + V) for the following positions.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 06. 2014 08:55

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
"Works if you make the cuts, the end to the beginning. "

Great...thanks. Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6