Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Speed Not Working Properly
[Post New]
Hello, all.

I've been working on several large interconnected video projects for over a year and a half now. These projects require lots of different clips at variable speeds, all precisely synced to the music. Since there is no ramped slow motion in PowerDirector, I have been using the workaround method of cutting up a single clip and making each sub clip play at a different rate. However, that no longer works properly when speeding clips up. At least not for any new clips I try this on. The clips I edited previously still work fine.

To explain in more detail, here's an example:

If there's a 5 second clip that has three parts in it that need to be synced to 3 different drum beats or whatnot, but don't happen to line up precisely, i need to cut the clip into 3 sub clips. Some of these sub clips might be slightly slowed down while some might be slightly sped up.

But here's the problem: When speeding up a sub clip that is followed by another sub clip by using the "new video length" feature, instead of it adjusting the video speed, it is just cutting those frames off the end of the clip. So, if I wanted to remove 10 frames it would just cut them instead of speed the sub clip up to shorten the whole of the sub clip. The effect that you see when it proceeds onto the next subclip is a jump in time, of sorts, since those 10 frames are no longer there.

TL;DR Clips not being sped up, instead frames are cut off.

I am using SD avi video taken from miniDV tapes shot 15 years ago on a Sony VX1000.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I have been losing my mind over this.

Thank you for reading.
 Filename
JhdgskDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
205 time(s)
PowerDirector Ultra 11 always up-to-date
Serial# VDE130812-01
Anti-virus: Windows Defender
No codec packs
No other video editing program
No burning software
Other applications are closed when using PD
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Tested and working well in PD11 here, per these instructions...
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12768&prodId=4

As it once worked okay but no longer does, a reinstall of PD might be in order. Be sure to save your work.
[Post New]
I'm very hesitant to do a reinstall since I'm 95% finished with everything. If I lost the past 19 months of work I would lose my mind!

Anyway, I found a workaround. It's a pain, but it works.

For the sub clip, I realized it was actually speeding it up AND cutting off exactly two frames each time - only from the video, not the audio. So now I have to separate the two, adjust the speed of the video to where I want then go two more frames shorter (faster). I then lengthen the video two more frames. I then adjust the audio length normally.

It's time consuming and I have to do these adjustments at the end of the timeline then move them back, but at this point I don't care. I just want to finish with this stuff already.

PowerDirector Ultra 11 always up-to-date
Serial# VDE130812-01
Anti-virus: Windows Defender
No codec packs
No other video editing program
No burning software
Other applications are closed when using PD