Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to pin PD up to second monitor?
[Post New]
I use 2 monitors on simple Nvidia NVS 285 card and Windows 7
I want PD to start on second monitor.
It is possible for most applications. They start where they were closed before.
PD seems to be hard pinned up to primary monitor. It doesn't mater where you closed it, it always starts maximized on primary monitor.
Is there any way to change this behavior? It is boring to move it manually all the time.. _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I use 2 monitors on simple Nvidia NVS 285 card and Windows 7
I want PD to start on second monitor.
It is possible for most applications. They start where they were closed before.
PD seems to be hard pinned up to primary monitor. It doesn't mater where you closed it, it always starts maximized on primary monitor.
Is there any way to change this behavior? It is boring to move it manually all the time..

Hi,
PDR opens by default in monitor 1 and I can only do the same as you - move it manually to monitor 2.
Dafydd
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,
Thank you for confirmation but I am bored of moving it over and over so I'm looking for solution. I know PD CAN open on monitor 2 because it does it i.e. when you edit audio track in Audio Director. When you close AD, it passes modified track back to PD which opens on the same monitor as previous one. So it CAN.
My question is how to do it from the first start? Any command line parameters, registry hack..? _______________________________
regards, Tom
(PD365, Win10 Pro x64, Dell Precision T3500, Xeon W3670, 12GB, SSD)