Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to activate PD11 offline ?
[Post New]
Hello,

I have purched PD11 last year, and a new version of PD12 this year.

I have installed PD11 on a PC without internet connection, but it is asking me to activate it.

Now how to activate PD11 offline ?

Regards

Yousef

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2014 03:49

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I have purched PD11 last year, and a new version of PD12 this year.

I have installed PD11 on a PC without internet connection, but it is asking me to activate it.

Now how to activate PD11 offline ?

Regards

Yousef

You must connect that computer to the internet to activate the software Codecs.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12834&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

It is a one time operation.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Hello,
Unfortunately, I am not able to connect this computer to the internet because it has secured data, thats why I am asking you how to activate it offline.

Regards

Yousef

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,
Unfortunately, I am not able to connect this computer to the internet because it has secured data, thats why I am asking you how to activate it offline.

Regards

Yousef

Your only other option is to contact Cyberlink Support and ask if there is a way.
You better do it fast you only have 30 days to activate.

English Support:
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Nobody on this forum can help, We are editors like you, Cyberlink does not monitor the forums.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
The question has been asked before and the answer has always been that you must connect to the internet. Online activation can be incredibly frustrating. Contact support, but I bet they will tell you the same thing. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Yousefz. To activate Power Director(if a retail version), you should have a CD Key attached to the sleeve which contains the installation disc. After installation, and opening the programme for the first time, you'll be presented with the window where you type in the CD-Key and your particulars(Name, Address, etc.). Once you've filled in these details, you click "okay" and the programme will be activated. I did it this way when I first got PD7 some five or six years ago. I was not on the net at that time. I only came "on-line" in early 2012. Having the internet connection is really just for "registering" the software. See how you go!
Cheers!
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Hello, Yousefz. To activate Power Director(if a retail version), you should have a CD Key attached to the sleeve which contains the installation disc. After installation, and opening the programme for the first time, you'll be presented with the window where you type in the CD-Key and your particulars(Name, Address, etc.). Once you've filled in these details, you click "okay" and the programme will be activated. I did it this way when I first got PD7 some five or six years ago. I was not on the net at that time. I only came "on-line" in early 2012. Having the internet connection is really just for "registering" the software. See how you go!
Cheers!

Neil, that is only a part of the activation picture for Powerdirector 9 and above.

There is the CD Key that comes Email or on the sleeve of the Disk.

But there is also the CODEC activations.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=12834&prodId=4&prodVerId=930

When you enter the CD Key the program will work for all formats for 30 days. After 30 days if not activated on the internet, those CODECs stop working.

Only Cyberlink Support can re-activate after the 30 days. And that requires a internet connection.

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Carl is correct, PD 7 did not require online activation like later releases. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Okay, here's a thought! Owing to Yousefz's computer having "sensitive" material contain on its hard-drive, would it be possible to copy the "activation Request" component to a flash-drive, then drop it onto a "surrogate" computer which can go on the net, upload it from there, activate PD11 by proxy, drop the activation code back onto that flash-drive and copy into the contents-sensitive computer? Sounds like a round-about way to do things, but could it work?
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Okay, here's a thought! Owing to Yousefz's computer having "sensitive" material contain on its hard-drive, would it be possible to copy the "activation Request" component to a flash-drive, then drop it onto a "surrogate" computer which can go on the net, upload it from there, activate PD11 by proxy, drop the activation code back onto that flash-drive and copy into the contents-sensitive computer? Sounds like a round-about way to do things, but could it work?

I have no idea if it could work.

The facts of Windows Operation system made it extremely hard to move a Program from one computer to another computer.
That is why Windows Programs have a installation program, It manages all of the bits and pieces of installing a program in Windows.

Programs in Windows are spread in more than one place plus all of the registry keys.

Back in the days of DOS you could do that.
Programs ran from one place on the hard drive or even from Floppy disk.

If you have two identical computers, then you could maybe copy a program from one computer to another computer.
After all manufacturers clone hard drives to produce hundreds or thousands of a single model of computer.

James Dotson
[Post New]
Quote: Okay, here's a thought! Owing to Yousefz's computer having "sensitive" material contain on its hard-drive, would it be possible to copy the "activation Request" component to a flash-drive, then drop it onto a "surrogate" computer which can go on the net, upload it from there, activate PD11 by proxy, drop the activation code back onto that flash-drive and copy into the contents-sensitive computer? Sounds like a round-about way to do things, but could it work?

I suspect we would get a severe lashing if we did tell everyone how it could be done, but I know of no way. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM