Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***** PowerDirector 14 patch (v2302) **** 2015-11-24
[Post New]
I cant burn full hd 50p after this update. And pd crashes very often. And sometimes it just cant save project. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
monjanse, please start a new thread and post the DxDiag results as described in the "Welcome to the PowerDirector forums" sticky thread

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Catnic_NL [Avatar]
Newbie Location: The Netherlands Joined: Dec 08, 2015 08:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sad to report after updating my Powerdirector 14 to the latest versions I only have crashes. When I load up a project i'm working on it crashes just after everything has been loaden. When I create a fresh project and import a new media file... it crashes. When editting sometimes it crashes.

I've deinstalled this version en reinstalled the previous one and now it crashes there too.

Basically the program for me is useless and all y work i've put into my projects are wasted. Please fix this so I can continue my work!

My system:

Windows 10 64-bit
Nvidia 980 with latest drivers installed
32gb memory
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Catnic_NL ,
Please start a new topic and allow members to try and assist you.
see guide: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45455.page
see new topic link, top of the forum page: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=152

If you wish to have CyberLink support assist you, then please Contact Support. http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

Dafydd
Perigold81 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2015 01:06 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
hi freinds i must put my words here, to tell you my story with cyberlink

i bought PD14ultra in 69$, its was great and all, but my video wasn't shown good on youtube..

i tought its the software problem(not true at all)
so i asked from the support refund, they gave me the money direct after couple of hours(god theire support working 24hours or something!!)

i want to steam(like big idiot and bought movie studio13) because everybody say its the best... that was big mistake

1 - PD14 faster by ages then MS13
2 - PD14 UI is a lot more user freindly, its crasy joke even to compare between them,MS13 look very outdated
3 - PD14 run smoother on my pc without any problem when MS13 have lags problem and crashing a lot.
4 - i compared video quality between PD14 and MS13, they are aqule

so i asked from steam refund to go back to PD14, but steam have policy not refund if you use the game\software more then 2 hours(i will never buy from steam any thing and i put there more then 1000$)

so know i stuck with MS13, and i think to rebuy PD14 again, maybe i should see MS13 as a experince cost(59$)

in summery al i want to say that cyberlnik are profisonals, with there software and there support, my next editing for sure will be PD, just need to decide if i wait for PD15 or buy again PD14...

i'm going to spread the word on how good PD14 compare to MS13, there isn't a contest here!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2015 11:15

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Perigold81,
CyberLink's on Facebook to, https://www.facebook.com/cyberlink/?rf=126703887401100 You could, if you wish, add your feedback comments there to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2015 08:32

Steven70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 17, 2015 13:05 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I updated to the latest patch and I can not even run powerdirector 14 it shuts down so many times when making videos and I lose all my work!

I now have to press save every little thing I do and it still shuts down a lot of the time!!

What's wrong with this new update?
I have a Nvidia Gforce graphics card and windows 10 and never had this problem with 13 version and 14 until this latest update!

Please help it's frustrating!

THANKS
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There's nothing wrong with the update but there does seem to be some serious issues with it on your computer. If you think that the update is the cause, you should uninstall PD14 and then reinstall it, but don't apply any patches. See if the problems are gone.

You can then try downloading and applying the patch again, or just leave the program as-is. You may also want to remove the GeForce Experience app, and go back to nVidia version 358.91 if you're currently running v359 drivers.

If you want more help, including troubleshooting what might be going on with your system, please start a new thread and post the results of Part B as described in the *Welcome* sticky. That way there will be enough technical data for forum members to help.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2015 23:43

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi I just updated it with this patch here
http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDire...k_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

and I played around with some clips and so far I have not got the shut downs I was experiencing before so maybe this fixed the problem?
Steven70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Spoke too soon it just now shut down and shown the little white box asking to send info to cyberlink!
Perigold81 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2015 01:06 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Perigold81,
CyberLink's on Facebook to, https://www.facebook.com/cyberlink/?rf=126703887401100 You could, if you wish, add your feedback comments there to.

i asked for recharge me again from your support team, after that will resolve, i will be happy to write feadback on facebook, i dont want others will fall like me with ms13 just because its more advertised...(with the ms13(59$) cost i could bought from your team even better package, lesson learned for next time)

btw:

sorry for interrupt\offtopic in you patch topic
Vernon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2012 11:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Help needed, purchased PD14 hasn't worked so far. ran the compatible scan so had to load up latest windows media player verison so it show everything on my desktop is compatible. still showing error use different format and decoding issue, like the screen shot above. Need some assistance.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
New patch released: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/47472.page#247509