CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I access downloaded files once installed??
JM [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 02, 2011 17:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This subject seems to have been addressed a few times, but I am still having trouble with many Particle and PiP objects. After downloading and successfully installing, the recent objects do not appear in my PD9. Example: My default aspect ratio is 16:9. I download Audience.dzp, which is clearly marked 16:9, and successfully install it. It does not appear in DZ, so I manually try to install it from within the Particle Room, only to be warned that "The imported template’s aspect ratio is 4:3 while your project’s 16:9". I switch my project’s Aspect Ratio to 4:3 just to test, and get the same error, however now it accuses the imported template’s aspect ratio of being 16:9, while my project ratio is 4:3. Although I am able to use a few of the objects I download, this is happening on the majority of the objects I import. I have several theories; Either they are buggy objects, there’s a snafu in my PD9, or I’m a moron. And accepting the fact that I am pretty much a moron anyway, that leaves only the first 2 choices. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

John.
Fred Hubner [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 13, 2011 20:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I use a PD 9 and every single particle file I imported, when clicked twice, there comes a message saying the file is corrupted or that the server does not support the extension of video file ... What's happening ?
LilBabyEagle
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 01, 2010 03:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I currently have PD 8 and have not upgraded. Don't want to spend
the cash right now.

I cannot download any effects now. (Was able to last year...I confess
I haven't used this for some time.)

The program only gives me the option of saving a file with a lot of
numbers in the name that is an "HTML" document. Once it is saved
on the computer it is just a blank, white document and when double-clicked
it says "Maximum number of simultaneous downloads reached. Try again
in 3 seconds."

The only effects I can grab are the ones that appear when I click on the
blue and white "d" in the upper left hand corner of my project file and there are only 5 in each
category. I can drag them directly into my current project and then they
appear in my download library; however, when I search for anything in the
bar provided, I go back to that problem I mentioned above and cannot use
any of those, as it takes me to the Director Zone website.

I have very limited computer and movie-making skills and don't know what
else to do. Any ideas? Do I have to spend more money and upgrade to V 10?
I would really be mad if it didn't help anything. I think I have chosen a program
to use that is way over my head. I am used to the simplicity of Windows Movie Maker.

Thanks.
[Post New]
Hi LilBabyEagle,

As far as downloading Effects and Templates, most folks have the best success when they close their PD, and then go to the DirectorZone Effects gallery, via their browser. Then choose a download, and save it in say... My Documents. Then go to the newly downloaded effect in My Documents, and double click on the file. This should auto-install the effect in your PD program.

As far as upgrading. Cyberlink would be happy to accomidate you. I have PD10, and I really like it. But PD8 was also fine for me. However, if you're only using PD once a year , the price of the PD10 upgrade, might not make fiscal sense.
I would suggest that you first stretch your LilBabyEagle wings, and get to where you can effortlessly fly to and from the PD8 nest. Then consider a PD10 upgrade.
PD10 has many more options, thus is more complex. It's kind of like... If you're having trouble answering the questions on an written exam, getting a new pencil isn't going to improve things. You have to learn the subject.

But the good news is that there are a bunch of video tutorials available here...
http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots
(I would suggest that you start with Tony's... "First Project (part 1&2)" tutorials, and set some time aside to practice duplicating the steps he demonstrates. And then take advantage of the info and tips provided in the other PDtoots tutorials.)

There are also general tutorials and tours of the program (advanced and beginners), available on Cyberlink's Youtube channel. Or you can click on the button at the top of this page, labeled "Tutorials", and it will take you to some of those Cyberlink tutorials and program tours, that are embedded in the DZ Tutorial Gallery.
And, you also have your fellow members here, who (when they can), will volunteer their help with the questions you may have.
Plus, there's also the main Cyberlink PowerDirector forums here...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list.page

Good Luck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2011 12:26

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Hi everyone, am new here as well, am loving to work with PD
but am having a issue
My machine
AMD Phenom X6 3.3GHz BE UM
Apacer 2048MB DDR3 1333MHZ
WD CAVIAR Blue 32 320GB+WD CAVIAR GP 500GB
MSI 890GXM-G65

The problem is that the my power director is being too slow on editing clips
I had no problem on cuting them and joing but when i started to insert effects
transitions and credicts the scenary changes, or the programs breaks down or
it becomes too slow that i can even bear it
Can anybody tell me where is the problem

Thanks

ks
Toward the unrechable
[Post New]
Hi Tuzine,

Your best bet (as the issue you've posted about, is a straight tech issue), is to post your question over on Cyberlink's main PowerDirector fourm here...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list.page

You are more likely to get quicker resolution to tech issues over there. It's a more tech oriented forum, with a larger and more active member base, and is the place where the tech heads hang.
Plus you can attach sample files, screen captures, etc. on the main forums.

Just scroll through the list of rooms, and enter the one for the PD version that you're using.
Be sure to include the specs of the camera and/or source files you are working with, and attach your computer's DxDiag to your post using the Attachments button.
Google DxDiag if not familiar, or see here for detailed instruction on posting on the main forrums...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
(Note: The link is to info posted in the PD version 10 room, but applies to all PD versions.)

As to your question. Have you tried lowering you preview screen's resolution? That is often a viable workaround when one's preview starts to stall and sputter. See image here...
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/posts/list/7003628.page#7013097

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2011 17:51

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Cranston

Very thank, i followed ya link i hope they reply very soon
Hugx

ks
Toward the unrechable
Anthony [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 02, 2011 06:47 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
JUST BOUGHT THIS PIECE OF SHIT WISH I HADNT WASTED MY MONEY,DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND ANY EXTRA DOWNLOADS MUSIC ETC AND POWER DIRECTOR SAYS I NEED TO INSTALL A BROWSER MMMMMMMM I,M USING IT NOW ARNT I
magic [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 13, 2012 04:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem but have Not figured it out yet.
i have Power Director the newest 2012 Version and i don't see my download from DirectorZone i open the Power Director and do not see thisplugin installed i use windows 7.

Any Help would be nice Thanks.
[Post New]
I have the same problem Magic.... ARE YOU A RAT ON A SINKING SHIP?
Drowning in debt? About to be eaten
alive by sharks? Jump in the lifeboat
right NOW! It's called JustBeenPaid!
http://tinyurl.com/cash-attack4u
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 26, 2013 12:30 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all
I have PD 9 and tried to get some new effects. I download them, double click on the file (to open) and a box (win7) says "what program do you want to use to open the file" hu? They are supposed to be automatically installed in PD9. Not happening.

PS> once downloaded the file name: file (no ext or anything else).

What is going wrong? Any ideas?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Bray
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9679 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bray -

Could you please post the link of one of the files you're trying to download?

They should all have file extensions like .dzm, .dzp etc

Have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots?feature=mhee#p/u/4/rxc68R1CSkE - it may provide some clues.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony

I have many effects that I tried....all the same problem.

I click download (effect) and it does (firefox) shows as: download 1, 2 ,3, 4 and so on. I click on that and get the box asking for what program to open it with....this happens on all of them. Each one shows as: File (unknown file type). (NO ext) humm weird

I am confused...why it is doing this. I have no clues.

Thanks much
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9679 Offline
[Post New]
Bray -

Yes - it's odd that the effects you're downloading appear to have no file extension. "File" sometimes indicates that something is there but it is 0kb in size!

You're using Firefox. Did you follow the steps in the tutorial exactly? Are you downloading through PD or directly from your browser?

PLEASE give us a link. There is a way to sort your issue!

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Bray -

Using Firefox, I just can't get it to fail. Effects download properly each time.

Please check that you're following the steps in this (lower res) screen capture. You'll see it more clearly on YT.

Cheers - Tony
Robert [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony

Thank you. I use the latest firefox and have never had any problems with it. I switched over to IE and it worked correctly. All done.

I am sure it is in the FF somewhere with the add ons...?

Thank you so much for your time and advice.
Bray
andrewfil777 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 03, 2012 19:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Why I cannot to connect to the Internet by registering PD10?