Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray burn to folder
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Does anyone know why PD 9 doesn't allow selecting both x.v.Color and enable hardware video encoder when burning to Blu-ray/AVCHD disk or burning to folder?

Likewise in the produce tab. My only suggestion is that GPU encoding doesn't support x.v.Color at this time. Did you record the original footage in xvYYC colour to start with? If not, there is no real advantage as far as I can tell from my reading.

Out of interest: My Pana TM700 is xvYYC capable as is my Media player and LCD so I did a few tests. I personally found the extended colour gamut produced greyer blacks and some over vivid colours. Not sure whether it was just the Samsung LCD going overboard with contrast and brightness which I was unable to adjust via the menu when xvYYC was activated. Anyway I gave up as it looked worse anyway. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
Rob Z [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 20:41 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the original footage is 1080i AVCHD with x.v.Color. PD 8 permitted the selection of both but PD 9 doesn't.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, the original footage is 1080i AVCHD with x.v.Color. PD 8 permitted the selection of both but PD 9 doesn't.

I can at least confirm this on my system. I couldn't select XV color and HA at the same time in both Produce and Create Blu-Ray disc.

I don't use xv color so I had to enable it in my camera to test it.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.