Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Select All Ctrl-A
[Post New]
I've been using PD since version 8, and in none of them will Ctrl-A (select all) work in the Title Designer with the cursor in a block of text. Is a fix on the horizon? Is there a work-around? Thanks! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Hold down the left mouse button and SWIPE the lot of 'em, or only the section that you want to change.
And, as Jeff notes, <ctrl-A> also works, but is non-standard in that the text is not highlighted. At least not here in PD11.

[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 25. 2014 20:16

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Works in all my versions. They stopped highlighting the text in PD9 but the feature still works. Titles of 1 line or multiple lines, "Ctrl a" will select all the text inside the title text box if the cursor is inside the box stipple area. Just do a "Ctrl a" and then type a letter and see what you get.

"Ctrl a" outside the text box stipple area selects all text boxes if you have more than one.

Jeff
[Post New]
So if I understand correctly, the text in the edit box is selected, but it doesn't indicate the text is selected? After doing a Ctrl-A if press Delete the text will be deleted? Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
I checked out of curiosity here Ctrl + A within the text box in Title Designer, found that selects everything and if I move the mouse over the +Tt button shows the selected text.
I normally use paste text on one or more lines to keep the previous setting.
To scroll text with many rows Ctrl + A will be good to delete everything. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So if I understand correctly, the text in the edit box is selected, but it doesn't indicate the text is selected? After doing a Ctrl-A if press Delete the text will be deleted?

Try it and see what happens.

We experiment to learn what Powerdirector will and will not do.

If you save a project file before you do something you can recall the project like it was when you saved the Project file.
Undo works for some things.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.