Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Magic music
Peter Buckles [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 13, 2014 08:13 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Can't drag magic music tunes to timeline. I downloaded all the tunes successfully. Some are hylited blue and some are white

Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
See attached system info
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
319 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You can use only the ones you "own" - those that come with the program; the rest you have to buy. You own the blue; the white are for sale. You can preview them to see if you want to buy them but not use them until you do.

What happens if you drag a blue on to the timeline? Are you getting an error?

By the way, on another matter, set your Windows fonts to 96 dpi or you may have issues with other parts of this program.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2014 12:07

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter -

Also, Magic Music/SmartSound tracks can only be inserted in the music or voice tracks. They will not stick to the regular audio tracks.

As well as that, in PD12 you must have some other media in the timeline.

What happens when you right click on a track and select "Add to Music Track"?

As Steve said, the preview tracks (in white) can only be previewed in the library.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys! You've been very helpful.
Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've made it all the way to producing a file but not sure about uploading.
I set the file to Mpeg4 1920/1080/30p 16bit. When I up load it fails. Youtube says it's not a video file, but its save with xt. pds.

Vumeo says it's an error 910 (registry error) and everyone wants to sell me a quick fix.

I assume I have to use "Produce" to convert the file but it takes about an hour for 1 hours scene.

Any suggestions
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've made it all the way to producing a file but not sure about uploading.
I set the file to Mpeg4 1920/1080/30p 16bit. When I up load it fails. Youtube says it's not a video file, but its save with xt. pds.

Vumeo says it's an error 910 (registry error) and everyone wants to sell me a quick fix.

I assume I have to use "Produce" to convert the file but it takes about an hour for 1 hours scene.

Any suggestions

Yes, you have to produce the project to a video file. Just use the produce to the site you want to use and the program will select the best format for the video.

Neither of those site will take a one hour video. YouTube will take up to a 15 minute file.

A 1:1 ratio for producing is pretty good, some people would get as much as 4:1 (time to produce vs time of video). Ilder computers would take as much as 10 to one. A top of the line computer may produce faster.

Please explain the other bolded statement about xt.pds. That is a project file that has a roadmap to what files and sections of files shopuld be in the project. It doesn't have any actual videos or images or music. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I up load it fails. Youtube says it's not a video file, but its save with xt. pds.

Peter, when you produced your video file, it went to a folder somewhere. THAT'S the file to upload.

Quote: I assume I have to use "Produce" to convert the file but it takes about an hour for 1 hours scene.

Yes, every project needs to be produced to manufacture your video. Just placing media in the timelines does not create a video. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
The only file that I can find is in my "Documents and it is listed with the extension "PDS File." I don't know where PD is sending my Produced file.

What I did: Edited 1 hour of Festival. Clicked Proce. Chose MPEG4. chose 1920/1080 30p 16 bit and clicked start at the bottom.
After it finished producing I went back to document and found the file was still in extension PDS

At YouTube, I got permission to upload longer than 15 minutes, but they don't say what size file max can be uploaded.

I can't paste the file in here because I just got this windows 8.1 and can't find Paint.
stevek
[Post New]
Use Windows to search for the mpg4 file or for what you named the file. .
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Click... EDIT > PREFERENCES > FILE
You will now be in the window which tells you where your exported video file is being sent.
Or...
Open your project, click on PRODUCE, and then when that module opens you can see your chosen export folder.
Remember, the .pds is only the project directions. It tells PowerDirector where to find your files you have placed in a timeline, where you placed them, any FX you added, etc.
If you are interested, you can open the .pds in Notepad, and you'll see exactly what I mean. Just be sure to not allow Notepad to be the DEFAULT for opening your .pds files.
Good luck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2014 11:00

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
OKay! I Reproduce the edited video using SVRT and chose an export folder to go to My Videos. See attachment of what is in the folder. I can't make any sense of it. See attachment. "Video_TS is a file of the completed video. The others are only segements of
Video_TS. Not sure what the BUP's are.

Am I supposed to use the Video_TS file for uploading?
[Thumb - VTS files.jpg]
 Filename
VTS files.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
218 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
84 time(s)
stevek
[Post New]
The control ot use is "PRODUCE". You are going into create disc. .
Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes! That's because after producing the video, I burned a CD.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Yes! That's because after producing the video, I burned a CD.

Produce makes a video file for uploading to a web site like YouTube OR can be added to a project so that you can put mulitple videos into a project. You are making a folder set which is one step further along.

CD or DVD, both different !

Use something like 'ImgBurn" to burn that folder to a disc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2014 17:07

Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can you explain what those VTS files are?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Can you explain what those VTS files are?

They are MPEG-2 format for Standard DVD Video Disk.

The files that a DVD Player uses to play on your TV.

DVD Video Disk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2014 17:56

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter -

So - you've produced a video file and created a disc folder. As described above, they're two different things.

For YouTube upload, you need to locate the produced video file. Yours will have an extension of .mp4. If you haven't changed the output folder, it will probably be in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0

Here's how to produce you video & get it to YouTube (with some SmartSound music). To get the video to YouTube, I did exactly what it shows in the video below

Cheers - Tony
Peter Buckles [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, you really helped out. I did what you showed in the video but sent the file to my desk top because with win 8.1 I have to go through to many steps to access the file. The file started uploading to U-Tube, but I had to stop it. Too much and too slow. I've only got 12 Mbps internet speed and after 1-1/2 hours I only uploaded 5 %. What format would you recommend for a burning a DVD to give to another person to watch on their Computer or TV?
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Peter -

Producing for YouTube
If your upload speeds aren't good, you'd be better off with a smaller file size (obviously). MPEG-4 1920x1080 @ 16MBps is going to give you a hefty thing to upload.

It's mainly the video bitrate that affects file size

The best option for file size is WMV. I'd suggest a 1280x720/30p 6MBps as a good option for YouTube unless there's lots of movement - in which case you might want to try a higher bitrate.

If you prefer MPEG-4 - again - 1280x720 @ 6MBps will give you a manageable upload size

As a rough comparison here are the file sizes for a 4 minute video produced to different formats/profiles:

Producing for DVD
It's not necessary to produce before you burn a disc. PD will encode the disc as MPEG-2 DVD HQ. That's the standard DVD video format.

If you pre-produce, that's how it will end up on the disc anyway.

When you go to Create Disc > DVD, just choose DVD HQ

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - MPEG-4 WMV File Size.png]
 Filename
MPEG-4 WMV File Size.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
190 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2014 03:56