Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with the Limited (16-235) Dynamic range of color
PJay [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 09, 2009 13:53 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 14 uses Limited (16-235) Dynamic range as default for the color setting while it should be Full (0-255)
Please fix it!
StarChaser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2014 02:25 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed, certainly an easily rectifiable issue present here also....

I noticed it from the first day, mp4's and some playback video 'black' borders weren't exactly deep black but had a grey hue.

A Limited Dynamic range is the culprit for sure!

The limited Dynamic range is more noticeable in standard playback mode than in Cinema mode....

Let's hope they give us the full Dynamic Range spectrum of (0-255) colours in any upcoming beta and full patches.

C'mon Cyberlink... bring on those 36 other missing colours for the World No.1 Movie and Media Player....

I'm using Power DVD 14 Ultra on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center Operating System.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this is limitation of your Graphics Card Drivers - you can/need to change it in the driver settings.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
PJay [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 09, 2009 13:53 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
But in the Nvidia Control Panel, it reports: With the video player settings

I have no problem with the other video players.
StarChaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Same goes, using Nvidia Settings it enables us to utilize the 'with Video Player Settings' option,

No other Video Players / Cineplayer / Corel Win DVD Pro 11 / WMC or WMP require the 'with the Nvidia Settings' option which involves configuring them individually ourselves using the advanced tab.

See the attached screenshot please... thankyou

It has me wondering if Cyberlink possibly didn't even realise that they can natively define their own Video Color profile and Video Preferences into the Power DVD Player for Nvidia Graphics Card users to optimize the appearance?
[Thumb - Screenshot (16).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (16).png
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of Nvidia Video color Settings on my GTX 660 Ti
 Filesize
225 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
226 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 13. 2014 08:33

StarChaser [Avatar]
[Post New]
P.S: As you could imagine:

We don't want to be running back and forth just manually tweaking this setting repeatedly to enjoy a Full Dynamic colour range.

No other Video Players or Software even require such an obviously resolvable resolution dozens of time explicitly to use their software, even in Windows 8.1 WMC or WMP

There must be a solution enabling Cyberlink to stipulate a full colour range within the code or a proven detection API method.
[Post New]
Works fine here, but I have a ATI card. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7