CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Freeze's, But audio continues to record. Power Producer 3.7
Reply to this topic
Calvin [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 29, 2008 12:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Using Power Producer 3.7, when making a DVD using .avi files, the video freeze's after a few minutes on the completed DVD, and stays stuck on the same picture for the rest of the DVD, but the audio continues to play normally. The .avi files I am using play fine on Windows Media Player, but the video freezes on the created DVD. I am at a loss, it is making my job a nightmare. All .avi's I use do the same thing....
Dado [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Jul 17, 2006 23:45 Messages: 128 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Calvin,

Did you mean that you can burn the dvd disc successflly but you can't play disc well, right?
Calvin [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 29, 2008 12:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The DVD Burns completely, I wouldnt call it successfully, it only gets a few minutes of the video burned to the DVD and then it freezes, the audio continues to burn as it is suposed too.So I am stuck looking at the same frame as the audion continues. In most attempts I get only about 5 min. of video, but on some attempts to burn I get almost completely through the DVD and it freezes before the end, talk about frustrating, I have wasted so many blank DVD's.
Dado [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Jul 17, 2006 23:45 Messages: 128 Offline
[Post New]
You can try to burn DVD folder first and make sure that the folder can be played successfully before burning to disc.

I suggest two ways to check this issue.

1. Play dvd folder in the HD. If it can play well, this issue may be disc and device compatibility issue.

2. If the folder can't be played well, could PowerProducer play this avi file well in his preview window? If not, this may codec issue.
Ian [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 22, 2009 16:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Me too -

I am having the same issue. The DVD will burn completely and on playback ( this being on any player) will freeze after a short while. Usually this is 20 - 30 seconds in. It is possible to advance the play and select another point in the recording but again a freeze will occur. After changing the ext VOB to MPG I have determined that the freezing is done during the rendering process as windows media player exhibits the same fault.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 23. 2009 07:56

swera11 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 17, 2015 00:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
well, I had to reload windows so had to re-load everything and it worked. Otherwise use AOA DVD Copy instead.
swera
Reply to this topic