Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to change the tittle on the subtittles menu?
Joecrow [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 03, 2011 02:52 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I have a video to which I have added subtittles and have chosen a DVD menu from the templates it all works fine the root menu offers me play, scenes and subtitles, but although I can change/edit the tittle on both the root and scene pages the tittle on subtittle page remains the default My Video when played. The subtittle menu page does not appear in the menu structure how can I change its tittle? Along the same lines how can I delete the music on the subtittle page?
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I did not find it in FAQs etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 26. 2014 15:15

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi

I have a video to which I have added subtittles and have chosen a DVD menu from the templates it all works fine the root menu offers me play, scenes and subtitles, but although I can change/edit the tittle on both the root and scene pages the tittle on subtittle page remains the default My Video when played. The subtittle menu page does not appear in the menu structure how can I change its tittle? Along the same lines how can I delete the music on the subtittle page?
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I did not find it in FAQs etc.

The Subtitle page does not appear unless you have Subtitle for Disk selected in the Subtitle Room. And you have some subtitles.

Once the Subtitle Page appears in your menu, you can edit the title just like the other pages of the Menu.
Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Subtitle for Disk is selected in the Subtitle Room and subtitles have been added. Subtitle track is visible in the timeline and is ticked, but a Subtitle page does not appear in the Menu Structure. That is my problem!
If As stated in the OP I preview the project the root menu shows "Play, Scenes and Subtitles" and if I select "Subtitles" it goes to a page where I can turn the subtitles off and on and that works when I go to play. The Subtitles page is titled My Video which is not what I want and I cannot find how to change it.

I am running win 7 x 64 and PD12 Ultra

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2014 10:33

Joe
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Subtitle for Disk is selected in the Subtitle Room and subtitles have been added. Subtitle track is visible in the timeline and is ticked, but a Subtitle page does not appear in the Menu Structure. That is my problem!
If As stated in the OP I preview the project the root menu shows "Play, Scenes and Subtitles" and if I select "Subtitles" it goes to a page where I can turn the subtitles off and on and that works when I go to play. The Subtitles page is titled My Video which is not what I want and I cannot find how to change it.

I am running win 7 x 64 and PD12 Ultra

You are in the menu preferences page of Create Disk, you are looking at the Main page with Play, Scenes and Subtitles.
Click on Subtitles, then click the Enter symbol, that takes you to the Subtitle page.

On the Subtitle page click in the Text box, you then edit the "My Videos".

[Thumb - Select Subtitles page.PNG]
 Filename
Select Subtitles page.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
How to get to Subtitles page
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)
[Thumb - Edited Subtitle page.PNG]
 Filename
Edited Subtitle page.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
The Subtitle page after editing
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
157 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 27. 2014 11:47

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Joecrow [Avatar]
[Post New]
That was it, many thanks. I think it might be a good idea if that procedure it could be documented in the help, I don't doubt that next time I need to do it again I will have forgotten it.

Thanks again
Joe Joe
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: That was it, many thanks. I think it might be a good idea if that procedure it could be documented in the help, I don't doubt that next time I need to do it again I will have forgotten it.

Thanks again
Joe

you should be using the same procedure in the Main and Scenes menus also.

In the Main menu you can select either one to edit.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2014 15:31

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.