CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Size of files? Powerproducer changing fle sizes by 4 times. PP Pros help please
Reply to this topic
Carnyewest [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 07, 2014 22:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
So I made a dvd of a tv show I bought episodes for and could fit 4 shows in standard def on each dvd. All episodes together are 40 gigs for 22 episodes. When I go to create a blu ray dvd with a menu it says I'm adding 150 gigs. The video formats are .mkv and they are 1080p format about 1.7gig each episode. How can I burn these files at the 1080p quality they play on my pc at without this program converting each episode to almost 10 gigs. It 2ould take me 22 blu ray discs with one episode on each disc. I thought I would be able to put about 10 to 12 episodes on a blu ray disc. What cab I do to keep this from happening without losing the 1080p quality of each file???
Carnyewest [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 07, 2014 22:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Everytime I try to convert it to sd using h264 or mpeg my computer crashes and reboots. I think I need a new program this one is a headache.
sumerJ [Avatar]
Contributor Private Message Joined: Nov 28, 2013 05:37 Messages: 377 Offline
[Post New]
>>Everytime I try to convert it to sd using h264 or mpeg my computer crashes and reboots.

Did you select "Enable GPU hardware video encoder" in "Final Output" page ? If yes, maybe you can try again with un-select it.
davidhp [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 08, 2014 16:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just had to get a new computer, but I put my old LG BluRay burner in and ran the PowerProducer 5 software that came with the Bluray burner, but the new computer is windows 8.1 and the software did not work, so I upgraded to PowerProducer 6 Ultra and have the same problem when trying to burn a DVD a 1.8 gb WTV file becomes a 8+gb file in PowerProducer and will not burn and with BluRay a 8 gb file becomes a 32 gb file and will not burn. How is all this extra data being added and how can I strop that, otherwise this program is completely useless.
Reply to this topic