Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rotating clip without black edges in PDR12
BronislavGoryl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2014 05:44 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I would like to know if there is easier way how to rotate image (few degrees) to adjust clip to horizontal line without using setup showed in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5w2aqIK5DE

I mean without using "crop video" option and then trying to resize clip with draging white points (to cover appeared black edges).

Thank you so much for your tips!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 30. 2014 06:08

[Post New]
If you have many clips you need to rotate the same.
After you do for a clip, right-click select Copy keyframe Attributos.
select all other clips that need to rotate, right-click and select, Paste Keyframe Attributes AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
BronislavGoryl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You for your answer. That is useful.

But I was just thinking if I could rotate video without black edges and without following correction (drag white points and making picture wider).

Thank You!
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank You for your answer. That is useful.

But I was just thinking if I could rotate video without black edges and without following correction (drag white points and making picture wider).

Thank You!

Hi BronislavGoryl, the black edges you mention are actually the edges of the video frame that you bring into view while rotating the image. With out enlarging the rotated image, you will always see black.

However, if you want to see colour instead of black, you could try this.

1... Place your video track onto a lower video track than you would normally use. As a default setting, PowerDirector loads up just 2 video tracks, you would use video track 2 for your video ( your moving picture ).

2 From the Media Content setting select Colour Boards then choose your desired colour board. You can even make your own colour board from the menu. Place the colour board onto track #1, above your video. If the col board is too short for your needs, you can click hold on the end of the board and just drag it to whatever length you need.

3 Use Rotate video and you'll find that instead of black, your colour background is now visible.

Instead of using Colour Boards, you can use an image or even another video as background.

Cheers
[Thumb - col background.jpg]
 Filename
col background.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
100 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 04. 2014 06:56

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
BronislavGoryl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Kyle 40,
that is misunderstanding. The thing I would like to find out if there is some option, tool or effect which will automatically correct the frame/clip after/while rotating (automatically focusing to cover black edges...

So I have nothing against black colour at all, but against all colours )

Thanks for trying to help me.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Using key-frames in MODIFY, you can increase the size/scale of the image/video, as it rotates, but you'll still be seeing black edges during the rotation unless you do an uncomfortably fast key-frame.
Kyle's method (which I have used for 4:3 material in a 16:9 project) is a good solution.
You can use the actual file you are rotating as the backing, perhaps giving a good dose of BLUR. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Kyle 40,
that is misunderstanding. The thing I would like to find out if there is some option, tool or effect which will automatically correct the frame/clip after/while rotating (automatically focusing to cover black edges...

So I have nothing against black colour at all, but against all colours )

Thanks for trying to help me.

Ah, OK, well then just zoom on in.

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
BronislavGoryl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank You all!!!