Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Install An Upgrade With Out A Previos Version
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=15695&prodId=1&prodVerId=1013

Does this apply to 13 when upgrading to 14 ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 20. 2014 19:41

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=15695&prodId=1&prodVerId=1013

Try it, what do you have to lose? Some people do not get that window about the key. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did try it, but I had to pay my two bits to find out, I wanted to know before I laid out my money.
In the past I always had problems installing upgrades over top of other versions, even if those older version were supposedly removed.
There were always registry files left behind that screwed things up.
It did work incidentally, but Cyberlink needs to update that page in my link,
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Please let them know; we are just users here and have no more influence on Cyberlink than you do.

I'm glad it worked for you. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I sent a PM to CyberLink-Michael, but I guess it would be best to tell Cyberlink directly.
Thanks for replying incidentally. :

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jun 23. 2014 15:09

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=15695&prodId=1&prodVerId=1013

Yes, this applies when upgrading from v13 > v14 as well

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Michael, better late then never I guess.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff R 1,
please keep in mind that this is not an official support forum but for user-2-user communication. You may consider to get in contact with our support team for such kind of questions.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan