Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
arch text?
LostTarget [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to arch text, say around a logo?

I could make something and import it into PD, but would make life easier if its a built in function and I'm just not seeing it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi LostTarget -

I'm pretty sure you'd need to create the arched text in other software and import it as a graphic into PD.

Not sure what software you use but there here are some possibilities:
1. In Microsoft Word, create the text in Word Art - copy & paste to graphics software (transparent background) & save in .png format.
2. In Paint.NET, with the Text Formation plug-in installed, text can be made to trace a variety of shapes - even spirals.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Text Form.png]
 Filename
Text Form.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2014 15:28

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way to arch text, say around a logo?

I could make something and import it into PD, but would make life easier if its a built in function and I'm just not seeing it.

For a menu , for a title, for a video, ? You'll have to be more specific. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
LostTarget [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
At times I will use a static logo in a video for several seconds and at times will add a sentence above and/or below. As suggested above I could use Word or what you to make arch text with the logo and import, but if the ability was built into PD it would just make life a bit easier.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 13. 2014 12:08