Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Removing title file from custom folder after creating new folder
Carl3PDX [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2011 14:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
When attempting to remove title files from custom titles folder after moving them to a new folder all files are removed from both folders. I right click on file in the custom folder and click delete when this happens. What am I doing wrong?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2014 11:33

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When attempting to remove title files from custom titles folder after moving them to a new folder all files are removed from both folders. I right click on file in the custom folder and click delete when this happens. What am I doing wrong?

The files in the special folders are the same files in the All Content folder.

So when you delete you delete all of that instance.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Carl3PDX [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, I was afraid of that. I guess I'll have to create all new.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl, I was afraid of that. I guess I'll have to create all new.

If you delete outside of PD, you may not lose the ones you do not remove.

The Custom folders on Windows 7 are:

Tony give this location for PD 11:
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Cyberlink\Powerdirector\11.0 in subfolders

"My Particles"
"My PinPs" etc

Change 11.0 to 12.0 for PD 12.

I don't have any custom stuff, so I can not confirm.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Carl3PDX [Avatar]
[Post New]
Was able to access the title files via the route Tony suggested, only the title names do not coincide with the assigned names. And having to search for 145 files out of 1651 seem pretty dauntless. I guess I will just sacrifice the space for now.
Many thanks for your suggestions.
[Post New]
Quote: Was able to access the title files via the route Tony suggested, only the title names do not coincide with the assigned names. And having to search for 145 files out of 1651 seem pretty dauntless. I guess I will just sacrifice the space for now.
Many thanks for your suggestions.

I already walk around this problem after creating favorites folders, to organize and facilitate my job, I lost many personal effects, so I was checked and found that if I delete an effect in the media library it is really deleted in the workbook PD12.
Worse than not working this option to create custom folders for personal purpose here.
First the effects disappear from the folder and then it disappears own folder on the same day or up to 2 days later.

Already complained to Cyberlink support, they gave no solution, the answer and ask everything I've ever sent. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate