Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Panasonic Lumix FZ150 Video Stuttering only 1080p
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Guys.

First: my english isn't the best. But i use Power Director since V5.0 and i'm very happy with it.

Till Now.

My Problem: i use only Original AVCHD 1080P Streams (in MTS Format from SONY and Panasonic Cameras) to Produce regular BDMV Dsiks with Power Director 11+12.

My best Camera is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150. Ist an Multitalent, i Love it, and the Picture Quality is great.

When i record 1080i Streams with this Camera and produce BDMV Disks, all is ok. The Picture is great, and nothing issue is seen.
But when i record in 1080P (50P) with this Cam, and import this Original 1080P Streams to PD12 /v.2706, then the Video stutters very much. It's not anymore a film. You can see this problem, when you import the 1080P Files, and look this original in the video handler, just before you put it in the timeline. The Stuttering is angry.

When i Produce a AVCHD File or an BDMV Disk (1080i), nothing changes.

With my Panasonic TZ31, Sony HX60, Sony HX20V or LumixFZ200 there is no problem.

I have uploaded two files, could anyone test this ?! The Original Clips are very good quailty.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7556825/FZ150-Rohvideo-1--1080p.MTS.html
FZ150-Rohvideo-1--1080p.MTS

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7556882/FZ150-Rohvideo2--1080p.MTS.html
FZ150-Rohvideo2--1080p.MTS

The Last File shows the bad quality.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7556903/FZ150-Export-1080i.m2ts.html
FZ150-Export-1080i.m2ts

Can you help me. ?! The Issue appear in PD11 an PD12 with Latest Patch. New Windows Installation!

Thanks

Miro

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2014 14:23

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]

How do I get past the malware downloads of iLivid above to see and test your files?

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 04. 2014 17:21

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please click the little download button in the middle, not the big buttons. I use this site because, its free to upload bigger streams. Sorry, but there is no malware. ;
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
blasiusxx wrote:
The Last File shows the bad quality.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7556903/FZ150-Export-1080i.m2ts.html
FZ150-Export-1080i.m2ts

Datei existiert nicht!

Diese Datei wurde vom User oder durch eine Abuse-Meldung gelöscht.

Tipp: Pic Upload

The above web message translate to the file does not exist. Looks like you are the only one allowed to download the above file.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi blasiusxx -

I downloaded and imported both your 1080p clips. They imported, played and produced (using SVRT) perfectly well. There was no stuttering or faulty display here, with preview quality set to Full HD.

As tomasc said, your produced file (.m2ts) "doesn't exist".

From your post it seems like the issue is present in Edit mode, and in video/disc production.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, thank you very much for testing. Then the Problem only could be an Hardware to Software Incompatibilty. But other Users in the German Forum have the same issue.

What was your Pc Konfiguration during Rendering? I had an powerful Notebook with gtx780m and intel core i7.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

The PC I used is a modestly specked desktop - i7 920 @2.67GHz Nvidia GTX260. On the face of it, your laptop would probably chew up my desktop & spit it out!

I repeated the test with & without hardware acceleration enabled. Both produced files were flawless. The MediaInfo report of the produced file is attached.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
FZ150 1080p_MI.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
318 time(s)

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks very much, Tony.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony, could you upload the producing file anywhere ?!
ynotfish
[Post New]
No problem, for what it's worth...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c8to97qj0wd4dpb/FZ150.zip

Cheers - Tony
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much Tony.

But didn't you see the difference between the produced videos and the originals ?! The Produced Files all have little stuttering, it's the same l see in my produced films.

There is no smooth picture movement, like in the Original Clips. It's look like micro jerks. When you look this videos on a bigger Full HD TV Screen, you see it all above. This is a very bad quality.

When you produce other Original mts clips (like from the Sony HX60V, Panasonic FZ200, Lumix TZ41) there is no problem and all looks smooth.

Now i can defintevly say, it's an PD11 and 12 Incompatibilty with all 1080 50p AVCHD Streams produced with the FZ150.

Magix, Adobe and Nero (i have all tested) didn't have this problem with the FZ150 Original 1080 50p Clips. But PD is my favorite..

Sorry for very bad english.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2014 14:45

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Interesting. I checked your original two files. They play fine on wmp. The produced 2 files from ynotfish has the micro stuttering you reported on wmp. Mediainfo report the 2 produced files are above the 28 mbps of the original and the duration is shorter. This is interesting to me because I have a high end Panny that can create 1080p60 28mbps files but don't use this mode much because it is not a BD standard.

To find the cause tried PDVD10 ultra video mode on step frame but it won't work because it is HA enabled. Tried VLC stepthru (e hotkey) and it stops after a few frames. Unable to continue. Your original two video works fine here.

Decided to check the bitrate of some ripped commercial BD I own. The max found is 27.4 mbps on dl, most are below 18 mbps at 23.976 fps. The max allowed is 48mbps. The files all played properly and step frame properly on VLC.

Found an answer to this problem in the Apple community forums. Simply produce 1080p60 28 mbps video at 17 mbps and everyone there agreed that is the answer to stop the stuttering. Looks like 1080p60 or 50 at higher than 28 mbps is too much data for both Apple and PC's. Maybe the answer is high end video card manufactured for 4k editing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2014 00:40

ynotfish
[Post New]
Looks like I'd better get myself to the optometrist!

Guys - I've looked and looked at the original clips from the FZ150 & the produced files & I can't see the stuttering. I tried producing at 17MBps, according to the advice gleaned from the Apple Community forums - and it looks (to my old eyes) not nearly as smooth as that produced with SVRT. I was viewing in Splash Pro.

17MBps version - https://www.mediafire.com/?q66hlfr554fh93m

I've also replicated all of that using a similar clip from my Canon XA20 - 1920x1080 50p 28MBps - produced using SVRT & @17MBps... either there are stutters or I'm starting to see things

Cheers - Tony
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Went to the forums for the 3 video editing software for consumers that blasiusxx mentioned in his last post and find none of them can either edit 1080p60 video natively without conversion or produce 1080p60 video. They are being produced at 30p or maybe at a lower bit rate.

blasiusxx, can you post the produced file mediainfo report from your other editing software to confirm this. This will help us all.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm @ work. Will Done During the Day.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Guys.

Thanks for great help to all.

I dind't want to produce in Disc Streams in 1080 50p or 60p. Only 1080i 25fps. The Normal Mode. This isn't the issue.

I can see the stuttering in PD12 since before i produce a Disc. When i import the FZ150 Streams in PD12 (not in the Timeline) and play them in the Video Handler, i can see the stuttering. When i import all my 1080 50p Streams from my other cams and play in the video handler, there is no stuttering.

And Only the produced Discs (and Export to AVCHD, too) from the FZ150 180 50p Streams have this stuttering.

Here are the Media Info Files for all produced BDMV Streams based on the Original Lumix FZ150 1080 50p Clips. I dind't have installed Magix Video Deluxe 2013 anymore, but produced Stream is without Stuttering, too.

Only the BD Disk Streams produced with PD12 have the stuttering. With or without Hardware Videodecoding in the Menu, or if you Burn the Disc (folder) with Hardware Acceleration or not.

Testing new fresh Windows Installation with only PowerDirector, with the same bad results.

I'm uploading the produced streams, you can compare the quality in a few hours.

Filename
MediaInfo Adobe.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Produced Disk Stream with Adobe Premiere Elements 12
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
335 time(s)
 Filename
MediaInfo Nero.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Produced Disk Stream with Nero Video 2014
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
335 time(s)
 Filename
MediaInfo PowerDirector17MBit.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Produced Disk Stream with Cyberlink PD12
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
334 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2014 13:11

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Interesting. I checked your original two files. They play fine on wmp. The produced 2 files from ynotfish has the micro stuttering you reported on wmp. Mediainfo report the 2 produced files are above the 28 mbps of the original and the duration is shorter. This is interesting to me because I have a high end Panny that can create 1080p60 28mbps files but don't use this mode much because it is not a BD standard.

To find the cause tried PDVD10 ultra video mode on step frame but it won't work because it is HA enabled. Tried VLC stepthru (e hotkey) and it stops after a few frames. Unable to continue. Your original two video works fine here.

Decided to check the bitrate of some ripped commercial BD I own. The max found is 27.4 mbps on dl, most are below 18 mbps at 23.976 fps. The max allowed is 48mbps. The files all played properly and step frame properly on VLC.

Found an answer to this problem in the Apple community forums. Simply produce 1080p60 28 mbps video at 17 mbps and everyone there agreed that is the answer to stop the stuttering. Looks like 1080p60 or 50 at higher than 28 mbps is too much data for both Apple and PC's. Maybe the answer is high end video card manufactured for 4k editing.

But this could'nt be. From my other cams (like HX60V or PanTZ41) filmed in 1080 50p the data rate is the same or above 28MBit as from the FZ150. But only the produced m2ts Streams from the FZ150 produces this stuttering. And only with PD11 and 12.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08. 2014 12:58

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here are the Produced Disc Streams in 1080i (based on the Original 1080 50p Streams) from the Lumix FZ150.

It Only Stutters with PD12. I think the problem is PD12 and an Importing Problem of the FZ150 1080 50p Streams, because the Stuttering is visible in the Video handler after import in PD12 and before putting in the timeline or creating Dics.

My other 1080 50p Clips from HX60V, HX50V, Lumix TZ31(30) or Lumix TZ41(40) didn't stutter after importing.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8796805/BD-Produced-by-Adobe-Premiere-Elements-12.m2ts.html
BD-Produced-by-Adobe-Premiere-Elements-12.m2ts

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8796918/BD-Produced-by-Cyberlink-PowerDirector-12-24MBit.m2ts.html
BD-Produced-by-Cyberlink-PowerDirector-12-24MBit.m2ts

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8796900/BD-Produced-by-Nero-Video-2014.m2ts.html
BD-Produced-by-Nero-Video-2014.m2ts

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8796916/BD-Produced-by-Cyberlink-PowerDirector12-17MBit.m2ts.html
BD-Produced-by-Cyberlink-PowerDirector12-17MBit.m2ts

Please click the middle smaller Download Button (with the Cloud Symbol) to Download the Streams on the Site.

Please compare on a BIG FullHD TV, then the Stuttering is very better visible and looks terrible with the PD12 Streams . But when you have good eyes, you can see the difference on every (Software) Player

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 08. 2014 13:26

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was preparing a response earlier before you posted 3 times here again. Thanks for clarifying for everyone that you want only 25 fps std avchd bit rate videos not the 1080p50 28 mbps that is captured by your Panny Lumix FZ150. That 25 fps interlaced and lower bit rate shows in the mediainfo report of produced files from your other consumer nle's. ynotfish and I previously thought you wanted 1080p50 video.

Sony created the 1080p50-60 standard but each manufacturer is allowed to continuously tweak the standard for thier cameras. Early Sony Vegas nle were not compatible with any of Panny's 1080p60 videos for editing. Panasonic HD Writer supplied with thier cameras are still not compatible with Sony 1080p60 videos.

Looks like some Panny cameras can produce different results like video tearing. See this thread: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38227.page
There is no stutter but has a video tear on the produced BD file when video is panned quickly like in your sample video. I can live with that as I never intentionally pan the camera like that for an audience.

Since this Lumix DMC-FZ150 is the only one with the with the problem why not use the HD Writer version supplied with this camera only to do a format conversion to AVCHD. That should allow you to import to any of your nle's including PD. Let us know.

Have not have a chance yet to d/l your newly produced files. Would like to commend you on creating the diagonally panned video. No one would see the problem if the camera was sitting still on a tripod. Most people won't see a problem viewing a pal video on a ntsc tv but an extra frame must be added ever so often which is a micro pause. What you saw on ynotfish produced video is a non changing frame every 4,5, or 6th frame. This produce the 10 so called micro pause per second that your eye saw. I get the warning 'Panning Too Fast' when I try too shoot on my Panny like you did in your sample video.

BTW, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels, AVCHD 50i is one of the HD recording mode for your camera. Save time and you won't need to do the format conversion.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Thomasc.

PD12 didn't support (official) to create Disc Files with 1080 50p or 60p, i know. This is why i create only in 1080i, it's the BluRay Standard.

But it should be support completly Rendering with the 1080p 50p Files from the Pana Lumix FZ150. Why ?! Because it's one of the official supported Cameras in the description of this Software.

Why the other Software Developer from the other Manufacturer didn't have this problem with the Original 1080 50p Clips ?!

I wanted to produce in 1080 50P with this Cam, because i produce many of slomos of the videos, and with 1080 50p it looks much smoother. And on a beamer the Original 1080 50p Clips looks much better than 1080i, too.

But know, i think, i just use another Software to render with this Clips and create BD Discs.

Thank you all very much for help.