CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerProducer 5.5 No Audio
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
I am trying to create a DVD using a video I created in Windows Movie Maker. The video is in the mp4 format. The video plays just fine in Windows Media Player, but when I import it into PowerProducer, there is no audio.

Also, when I try to select a background track for the menu, it will let me select it and trim the audio, but when I hit "OK", there is no saved audio and of course there is no audio in the menu. I did that a few times and every time, no matter what, there is no background audio playing and no source file listed in the path.

I updated my version of PowerProducer to the most current available on the site. I purchased the suite from Cyberlink. There was a post about 6 years ago on the same issue that involved AAC audio format and incompatibility with the codecs or no codecs. I have no clue what audio format my movie would be, I check the properties of the file and not much is listed other than MP4. Again, it was created in Windows Movie Maker and plays great on all media players, including PowerDVD!

My current system:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Intel Z68 Micro ATX
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz
RAM: 16GB of CORSAIR Vengeance DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB RAM
SSD: 512 GB Crucial M4 SATA III MLC
Hard Drive: 2TB SATA Internal Hard Drive
Optical Drive: ASUS 12X Blu-ray and DVD Burner
Power Supply: 850W CORSAIR HX850
O/S: Windows 7 Home 64bit
Carl312
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can find out what the audio encoding of your MP4 video is by using MediaInfo.

Free program. Use the Text mode.
http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

I do not use PowerProducer, but I would bet that if your have WAV audio in your source video, you would have sound.
You can use a file converter to convert the audio portion of your MP4.

The specs for PowerProducer 6 say the audio is MP3/ WAV/ WMA. That excludes AAC, which your MP4 audio may be.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerproducer/specs_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 04. 2014 09:50

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thank you so much for the link to the program and the information you uncovered on the audio streams. I ran my video through and the audio stream is in fact AAC. I'm not very big into making my own movies, but I would like to convert some of the clips taken from my camera to a full movie that can be played on a DVD. My question is, and I hope I'm making sense here, is it possible to choose the audio stream's format in Windows Movie Maker in order to ensure compatibility with PowerProducer?

I understand this is most likely not the correct forum or even site to ask this, but hoping to maybe even get some guidance. The video clips that my digital camera takes lists the audio stream as PCM.

Again, thank you for the post and getting me started in the right area!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you so much for the link to the program and the information you uncovered on the audio streams. I ran my video through and the audio stream is in fact AAC. I'm not very big into making my own movies, but I would like to convert some of the clips taken from my camera to a full movie that can be played on a DVD. My question is, and I hope I'm making sense here, is it possible to choose the audio stream's format in Windows Movie Maker in order to ensure compatibility with PowerProducer?

I understand this is most likely not the correct forum or even site to ask this, but hoping to maybe even get some guidance. The video clips that my digital camera takes lists the audio stream as PCM.

Again, thank you for the post and getting me started in the right area!

Some editors do allow you to chose the audio stream format in Production.

PCM is the same as WAV. WAV or PCM is the most common Audio encoding.

All these other audio formats came along with Modern Video formats.

Comparison of Audio Formats:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_audio_formats

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2014 10:35

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Reply to this topic