Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
slow motion mutes audio
superanthony9999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2014 06:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to cyberlink and I have been messing around with things and I cannot seem to figure out a way to make my audio change its pitch when doing the slow motion effect. if I don't go into power tools and enable audio pitch to keep audio the same pitch no matter how stretched the audio will mute itself. so what im asking is how to stretch videos to create the slow motion effect and make the audio go with it while not being muted and make the deep voice or high pitch voice effect. also when I try flip my video to reverse playback the audio once again is muted all of a sudden, on other programs this has nevr been an issue so I don't know a way to fix.

Thanks
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the forum.
PowerDirector automatically mutes the audio when you exceed the limits it imposes.
You can overcome this by speeding up/or slowing down the clip just to the point where the audio still plays.
Produce that clip, and then repeat the procedure with your new clip.
As for reverse, do you want the audio to play in reverse also? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote: I am new to cyberlink and I have been messing around with things and I cannot seem to figure out a way to make my audio change its pitch when doing the slow motion effect. if I don't go into power tools and enable audio pitch to keep audio the same pitch no matter how stretched the audio will mute itself. so what im asking is how to stretch videos to create the slow motion effect and make the audio go with it while not being muted and make the deep voice or high pitch voice effect. also when I try flip my video to reverse playback the audio once again is muted all of a sudden, on other programs this has nevr been an issue so I don't know a way to fix.

Thanks

In PD12, is limited to 0.05 multiplier speed for video with audio.
When I want audio, besides I do copy paste a part of the audio.
When it does slow motion, but the common add another audio or music.
[Thumb - slowmotion.jpg]
 Filename
slowmotion.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
104 time(s)
AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
thanks for the response, but with the slowing down the audio if I don't stretch the audio with the video by ticking the box, it doesn't play at all, and when it is ticked it will play but it keeps the original pitch, im wondering how to change it so like the voice goes deeper or more like a chipmunk. and with regards to reverse I mean so yeah the audio plays backwards as well and you cannot understand what they are saying
CJC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2013 12:32 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Use power tools instead of manually stretching.
[Post New]
I have used power tools how else did I find the button stretch audio with video? but it doesn't help me still because I still don't know how to do it the way I want it.